• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Retro fit electric roof kit

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Joined
May 4, 2016
Points
148
Location
Sunderland
Model of Z
'98 2.8 z3
I'll be selling the full system from a 97 z3.
Should be everything you need to convert your manual good to electric.
Motor, switch and ram.
£125

*not my picture* mine is still installed on the car
20171101_122857.webp
 
If your converting from manual to powered roof, I would also try to get hold of the mounting brackets that are spot welded to the rear wheel arch. As these mounting brackets are not standard on all cars. Otherwise you are going to have trouble mounting the pump when you retrofit it.

Just my 2 pence worth from doing the retrofit myself.
 
@Shortie_gal I think a kind word with @spurs fan in a coupe and a visit with an grinder might be in order. Cut the old one off a zed Andy is breaking and then line up where to weld the bracket on yours. You might even have one in the boot behind the carpet.
 
@Shortie_gal I think a kind word with @spurs fan in a coupe and a visit with an grinder might be in order. Cut the old one off a zed Andy is breaking and then line up where to weld the bracket on yours. You might even have one in the boot behind the carpet.
Might also want to check if your roof has the micro switch fitted on the roof above the passenger side. As my the roof on my Silver Z3 didn’t have one.
 
I would rather, when I'm trying to sell something, people don't comment on my thread telling someone to buy said item from someone else, message them privately if you feel that way. If there is a reason why they should not buy from me I'd love to hear it?

As far as the mounting brackets and the Microswitch go, these can be included with the item I am selling upon request!
 
I would rather, when I'm trying to sell something, people don't comment on my thread telling someone to buy said item from someone else, message them privately if you feel that way. If there is a reason why they should not buy from me I'd love to hear it?

As far as the mounting brackets and the Microswitch go, these can be included with the item I am selling upon request!
If your talking about Paul involving andy spurs fan then he just meant to get the parts that werent included in your advert so that i can buy this off you. Obvs didnt realise that youre happy to include these in the item too so thats cool.
Unfortunately im not in the position to buy this off you until the new year as need new brakes and tyres :depressed:
But if you still have this in the new year then i’ll make an offer :)
 
Yes indeed I was @Shortie_gal .. basically the reference to angle grinder should have turned the lightbulb on.

Basically it was a suggestion that if you did buy this you could get the needed ‘other’ parts from A N Other source.

You try and help and get a nasty taste...
 
Hello, is this still for sale? I have been looking into this. Do I need any bracket on the roof, or will the nipple the ram goes onto just screw into my existing frame please. Regards Nic
 
Back
Top