Remote central locking

Fender2004

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Google it, I’m sure their are YouTube videos as well.

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
...... how to sync the key and amazingly it worked. .
Well done - not sure why you're amazed the procedure worked ;);)
The keys are not individual, but there are a number of variations with offsets in the castellation. Unlikely that they are still available from dealer but worth a try. If the you detach the siren and swivel round you may be able to bodge the switch - lock picker style - I recall somebody did that on another forum.

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Are you talking about the small round key that inserts in the engine compartment?
If so I’m not sure if the dealer could help, if you take ID and the log book they might be able to sell you a key?
Yes, the round key on the siren.

2bmws

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3
Hi got the new remote, got to the box switched the switch and nothing happens any ideas please

2bmws

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3
Now everytime i open door the indicators flash as i removed the module off the top of the pinned part

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
I’m sorry apart from checking the connections are secure it should work if the switch is in the programme position. When I did mine a long time ago it did take me several attempts for me to sync both of the remotes I own. I know the guide said with the ignition switch off but I’m sure I had to turn mine on but not start the engine. Might be worth a try.

If none of this works it is either the remote or your module that is faulty.

2bmws

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3
I got all the doors to deadlock when i did this but couldnt get them to open again. By shorting out the 2 prongs on either end it stopped the indicators flashing when i opened the doors or turned the ignition on but didnt unlock the doors, does any one have any other suggestions please

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
I got all the doors to deadlock when i did this but couldnt get them to open again. By shorting out the 2 prongs on either end it stopped the indicators flashing when i opened the doors or turned the ignition on but didnt unlock the doors, does any one have any other suggestions please
I found a good link about all different alarms including the 3G. I'll dig it out for you. May be tomorrow before I can do it as just off out.

2bmws

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3
Thank you for that, few things i never tried.
I notice when i press the button on the fob the led flashes so according to guide i need a new battery. Hopfully i can get it going.
Never straight forward.

Fender2004

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I’m sure if you have to change the battery, do it within about 10 seconds, otherwise you will have to reset it with the car.

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
I only have two ‘normal’ keys with mine. No remote locking.....also never had a fob for the alarm so never bothered with it. The only time I ever hear the alarm is when I disconnect the battery, and the car make a noise like a pensioner struggling for air for about a minute before everything goes quiet. =))

I would take it all out but I assume somewhere its connected to the ignition/ immobiliser,/ECU stuff, so best leave well alone :whistle:

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Had same sort of problem, would lock but not unlock, had to change the lock actuator. Geof

2bmws

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3
Took these pictures and wondering if these wires have anything to do with it, also ive shorted all the wires with a piece of wire trying to get the doors to lock and unlock and they wont, so i think its a lost cause