Rear Rogue mounts fitting

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Whilst carrying out my sill replacement and wing refurbishment I came across a pair of rear Rogue mounts that I had forgotten about in one of my garage cupboards. Looking online it appears that they are missing the bolts/nuts and the reinforcing piece that the bolts are welded to and fitted to the topside of the rear turret as shown in pic below.

DSCN5289.JPG

P1020206.jpg

I was thinking of replacing my present OEM mounts (actually quite new) with the Rouge mounts and fabricating two reinforcing plates and welding some bolts to them to replicate the design.

Anyone have any experience of doing similar?

I have the whole of the boot area on the coupe stripped out to take the wings off for refurb. Wings all repaired and painted ready to refit.

I not aware of anyone stocking Rogue mounts or spare parts for them in UK unless anyone knows anything different.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Would be unique Pete but as good as the Rogue ones.

Tony.

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
Managed to modify an old set of rear top mounts and had a pair of 8mm bolts spot welded in place as shown below,

DSCN5307.JPG

DSCN5308.JPG

Now installed

DSCN5311.JPG

DSCN5312.JPG

Worth checking round the area on the inside of rear wing where the top mounts normally fit as there was rust behind the underseal and the original gaskets were damaged. Removed rust, treated with primer and top coat of Hammerite Smooth, fabricated new gaskets and assembled the Rogue Mounts.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Good job Pete, worth the effort mate.:thumbsup:

Tony.