quick update on Green Z3 3.0

Andy

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 i
PIC_0577.JPG
progress report on TLC project - having posted a lot of before pictures I need to clarify that this is a TLC project not a major rebuild as I take my hat off to all you guys and gals who are adept at getting under the hood and doing it all DIY - I am a piano player and composer thats probably the best use for my hands - having said that - nasty rattle underneath fixed, wing mirror fixed, passenger seat electrics fixed, new rear window going in next Friday.
Having a dark Green car gives me 2 options - dark and brooding smoky black look or more chrome look. Having agonised over it I have gone for the chrome look - chrome Stubby arial lots of chrome inside and today my 'special' chrome' bling door handle covers arrived.
Still lots to do

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I never liked green cars, despite deliberately buying a green Volvo some years back. However the green suits the Z3 perfectly when fettled, polished and waxed.

I think the chrome contrast will work really well too, so good choice :cool:

B

badman gee

I like green cars, brings something different to the party!

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
+1 for green and chrome, well done for the fixes so far, these cars become infectious ;)

Andy

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 i
When shiny and sparkly they look amazing (IMH0) watch this space for mine when finished

pete59

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Mines dark oxford green,and got the chrome handles too,the shine is very deep when waxed

Andy

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 i
new rear window fitted and bizarrely can now see out the back - a whole new experience! although why the hell is the image is upside down when it is right way up when I down loaded it is beyond me - this is my 5th attempt so I though I would post anyway so you could stand on your heads and admire my beautiful new rear windscreen and rare green hood - green is good!
New Rear Window1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 i
Thanks Gaz - it is probably my fault not knowing how to load correctly but every other picture has been fine
window done by STCS in Coventry. Interesting experience in that you drop off your car and he takes you to the transport museum (which is free) in Coventry while he does your window, I had time for a good look round and then a cup of coffee in the cafe which has free wifi so I did a bit of work too !!! then he calls you and picks you up - great service and a great window - seeing out the back is a bit wierd!

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Glad the window went ok, we had ours done there last year and a very helpful guy. He also makes a very good job of cleaning the roof if needed and mending stitching.