Question concerning HK

Off Your Marks

Today I was embarking on another OCD trait and categorising all the paperwork that belongs to the car , etc. I have the original order form and it states I have the Harmon kardon option.

What exactly should I be seeing/hearing? All that looks a little different is a large speaker in between the seats at the rear. It has no HK badge and there is no HK reference on the dash. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :)

B

badman gee

Hello Matt.

I think its an additional system upgrade (more speakers and an amplifier).

The normal cubby hole between the seats has a speaker and amp in there i believe.

The speakers and whole setup are an improvement on the standard package.

Ive added a sony head unit with 2 colour display (blue in the day and amber/orange at night).

This system sounds great in this combo imho, and it supports a usb system, so no collection of cds filling the glovebox!

Cant tell you much more at the mo.

mark

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Our 3.0 has the HD system and is badged so on the sub in the middle of the seats. I do believe the amp is in the boot where the cd changer is. I dont know if the Ms are the same but i would of expected the sytem to be badged somewhere. The quality of sound is a lot better with a different HU over the standard.
bill

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
The HK units have the sub in the middle as stated and the amp is in the boot above the cd changer. Mine has nor HK markings on anything and it's the speaker upgrades/amp/sub etc which is the system.

The sub, i found, was terrible so it was removed and something else in it's place fitted :)

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
I've seen hk setups with and without the HK badge on the centre grill cover. I'm not sure if they have simply come off or some where made without. From memory the >04/99 facelift cars got an updated HKII system but don't know what the difference was or if one had the badge and the other not. My 2001 car has the badge.

There is no button to turn it on or off as the amp is on all the time.