Project Corsa

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
This car really is bad luck, very unreliable, in fact the e36 that was in the family and had a blown head was more reliable because at least that would start and drive.

Just two weeks after fixing the last issue, another issue has developed. The battery light came on the dash and the battery went flat whilst driving and the eps got very heavy. Figured it's the alternator (used a multimeter to check), I checked the tension in the belt and the ground connection and all seems well. There's a cap that sits on the alternator pulley which looks to have come off so I thought that perhaps debris has gotten in there, sprayed a very small amount of wd40 on the pulley, put everything back together and now the car won't start at all.

View: https://youtu.be/nuBv2wdcYuQ

Could it be that something around the pulley is slipping? I've put wd40 on belts before and had no negative effect.

Worst thing was that someone was scheduled to come and see the car tomorrow and I had to tell them not to come because of this issue.

Just want the car gone now. :(

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Also this happens.
View: https://youtu.be/unQDy2Z_PW4

Thought of the obvious and I've connected two batteries together in series but no luck. Both batteries are fully charged and the readings on the multimeter look okay.

Going to tag @Lee in this.

Could this be my flywheel?

Tracy Dee

Zorg Guru (III)
The M44 Massive
Your engine noise is the belt tensioner apart from being noisy won't effect running my combo 13 cdti has been noisy for years.

Cliff.

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@Tracy Dee I wish it was just a noise because that I could live with, the car however won't start at all and just whines. :(

This is my first vauxhall and I shouldn't make assumptions but I've got to ask are they all this unreliable?

Faheem

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Someone elses problem now as it sold today and the buyer has put a deposit down. Got more than what I paid for the car and that was when it actually drove. =)) The bloke that bought the car is a mechanic who has a lupo, a merc and an alfa, what a weird combination of cars.