Problem!

NZ00Z3

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
New Zealand Zeds
Model of Z
3.0L, 2.8L, 2.0L Z3 Roadsters
Yes, there are a few pulled spot welds. Not good.

See if Randy Forbes in the USA is still producing repair kits. They are the gold standard for this type of problem. Don't have any contact details on hand.

Reactions: Kai

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Yes take it to a good welder and have the spots rewelded and the boot panels, hanger and members seam welded. It won't break again.

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
Yes take it to a good welder and have the spots rewelded and the boot panels, hanger and members seam welded. It won't break again.
Need to start doing research as don’t know any welders in my area.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Need to start doing research as don’t know any welders in my area.
You don't need to panic, They've only just start to go so plenty of time to get them sorted it's also safe to drive just try not to dump the clutch.

With Niall's we got those spot welds drilled out and plug welded, then did a seem weld either side of the hanger for good measure.

This only takes a skilled welder an hour using a lift to do. Expect to pay around £250 ish.

We've done a few like this recently.

Reactions: Kai

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
You don't need to panic, They've only just start to go so plenty of time to get them sorted it's also safe to drive just try not to dump the clutch.

With Niall's we got those spot welds drilled out and plug welded, then did a seem weld either side of the hanger for good measure.

This only takes a skilled welder an hour using a lift to do. Expect to pay around £250 ish.

We've done a few like this recently.
It really looks like Lee I have to do another trip to Swansea and get my car with you guys. I get it properly restored and taken care of.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
It really looks like Lee I have to do another trip to Swansea and get my car with you guys. I get it properly restored and taken care of.
You'll be fine, normal driving wont make it any worse.

Peter1450

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Really wouldn’t bother with the Forbes kit, will cost you an arm and a leg for a few pieces of lazer cut mild steel plus the import duty. Listen to Lee

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
Really wouldn’t bother with the Forbes kit, will cost you an arm and a leg for a few pieces of lazer cut mild steel plus the import duty. Listen to Lee
Will do. I will need to get in touch with the boys as I really want to get the underneath sorted powder coated and the welds done. Issue is I have been messed around soo much with different ppl and places that really doesn’t want to do it locally. Just had a roof done in Swansea and won’t mind doing another 5hrs trip if I know that the car will be in a good hands.

Attachments

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
Yes, there are a few pulled spot welds. Not good.

See if Randy Forbes in the USA is still producing repair kits. They are the gold standard for this type of problem. Don't have any contact details on hand.
To anyone in the USA wondering if he is still in the business. The answer is YES. He is not installing then them but he is still producing them si. No problem at all. They’re available. The email provided works as well. So you folks can keep on touch but I will bring my business more locally to the ZedShed Guys!

Reactions: Lee