Practical Classic

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Just popped into local Tesco and browsed the magazines as you do. Anyway spotted Pracrical Classic and the headline was 'roof down motoring for less than 3K' so had a look on the front cover.
Spitfire, Midget, XI9, MGTF, MX5 but no Z3. I'm sure they are missing a good thing and it can't be cos they are not old enough because the MX5 was a P reg so same as 1st zeds.

Also went to a Classic Car show on Sunday and only saw 3 BMW's but it was in Coventry the home of quite a few car makers. Was a good day out.

micklaw

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
1.8 roadster
brian i brought the said mag when we were away in the van the other week.
there is a small section in it about the zed under beemer bargains it says is the z3 sports car this summers best buy?
you can have it when i finished

Last edited:

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I think the Z3's will always be underestimated, and I think its because people think they are more expensive/exclusive than they are. We've had a few new members over the past months who have been surprised at the prices being so low, and what you get for it!

I would certainly agree that at the moment the Z3 is a "summer best buy" because prices are so darn low at the moment.

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
I could not believe the amount of car you get for your money with the Z... all of the cars mentioned in that article have inherent problems..I mean the build quality of the MG just leaves a lot to be desired, the spitfire ,lovely but comes with all the issues you get with a car that age the midget ditto, MX5..common as muck and styling wise nothing on a Z3...

they are terribly underrated....reliable, stylish, and old enough to be "honest" in terms of what the onboard computer controls and what you do..and new enough to have the advantages of modern cars without the disadvantages of really modern cars and can be, with care and regular servicing be an everyday drive ..I just don't get why they are not more highly thought of..

I love mine and cannot honestly think of a reliable ragtop under 25k I prefer....yes there are faster..but as stylish...no..

if I can never afford that aston martin DB9 then I can't imagine driving anything else than a Z3 of some sort....or if I have a windfall a Z8..!

B

badman gee

I love mine and cannot honestly think of a reliable ragtop under 25k I prefer....yes there are faster..but as stylish...no..!
I've seen faster milk floats than a 1.9 :p

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
I know why your M is so fast badman...you live in east anglia....no hills!

in surrey we have them....lots of them....:)