Petrol head in a Z

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Hello everybody, I'm Poprin (Paul). People do call me Poprin in real life so that is also totally acceptable, possibly a story for a later time! I'm 33 and I live in Telford, Shropshire.

I've been a petrol head for as long as I can remember, I spent most of my student loan and money I earned through my 20's buying various cars and being regularly told off by the parental units for wasting my money! I think by the age of 25 I had owned 27 cards since I passed my test at 17!

But then... I got all sensible... Was in quite a lot of debt and landed a decent paying job. So I worked my socks off and paid off all my debt, sold my MGB GT that I had at the time and my Golf GTI daily driver and joined the armies of people on the motorways in their non descript euro boxes. Then I bought a house...

Then... I got a bit ill, thankfully not too seriously but was in a bit of a bad shape for a while. After that I had one of those 'sod it' moments and threw caution to the wind. I went on the hunt for a roadster, an MX5 at first as I had owned one in the past and they are to be fair great little cars. I thought about a Z but decided it was probably a little ways out of the non-existent budget that I had. But then... I found my car.

It was a bargain, it needed a little work but it drove well and I fell in love with it at first site. I've now owned the car for about 4 months, covered almost 3k miles and the love affair has only grown stronger! It's a bit of a work in progress but it is totally presentable, and mechanically it is tip-top!

Would love to get involved in some meets and club events, already I have frequented several car shows and meets in the local area and am a regular at the Shelsley Walsh Breakfast Club.

MartinN

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.0Ltr Roadster
Cool, are you going to try the Hill climb?

And welcome from Hertfordshire

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Hi Martin, thanks for the welcome. I've actually encountered a problem in that department, I love the car so much I'm not sure I could drive it competitively! Was considering a track day in August but the car is more of a weekend fun car for me.

Did a track day once in my own car, it was an E30 325i. Shredded both front tires, warped both front disks and needed 4 new pads after it. Decided it's cheaper to rent a Caterfield!

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
:welcome: to the forum @Poprin from West Cumbria. Interesting intro, that's a fair amount of motors you've owned. Got any pics of your Zed?:thumbsup:

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Hi Andy, believe it or not just the one snap I took on the way home from work yesterday for my avatar on here! I'll try and add it to this post so you can see a little better. Need to whip the camera out and take some snaps!

ForumUpload.jpg

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Hi Andy, believe it or not just the one snap I took on the way home from work yesterday for my avatar on here! I'll try and add it to this post so you can see a little better. Need to whip the camera out and take some snaps!

View attachment 17544
Love the wheels:thumbsup:

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Welcome Poprin. z looks great,thats the first colour i had on my first Z. Why dont you come down to weston on sunday morning , could meet on the way and start a convoy....

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3

View attachment 17544
Welcome to the forum from the other side of the pond. Nice car and great wheels. Frankie

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Welcome Poprin. z looks great,thats the first colour i had on my first Z. Why dont you come down to weston on sunday morning , could meet on the way and start a convoy....
Hi Hornel, sorry I don't know what's going on at Weston? I would literally love to but this weekend I'm afraid I am committed to a bit of a family event at Gawsworth Hall... even more upsetting I can't take the Z because I have to carry 3 passengers :(

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Check out the "forthcoming events" page and see what's happening. Loads going on in the next 6-8 weeks or so. Come join the party! :mad:

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Howdy loving the zed :thumbsup:

A big welcome from me and Panther (Z3) from Aylesbury :p:D

ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum. Nice Zed, best colour.:thumbsup:

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, just browsing the upcoming events forum now. Will definitely want to be getting in on the action, already upset that I can't attend this weekend now I know about it!

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
:welcome: and enjoy the forum. Great introduction by the way.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi Paul :welcome: to the forum from me too in Staffordshire. Great intro and hope to meet up sometime;)