M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Another one which might be handy to save getting caught out when on a meter

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
Wow that's cool, as someone who uses meters a lot I think I'll be using it, cheers

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Me too i have been lucky so far but no doubt the amount of time i use meters that will inevetably run out one day, this might just save it from running out :))
bill

DangerousDave

Dedicated Member
Not an iPhone user so I can't see trhe app, but...

if you pay for parking by phone they text you back before it runs out.

What does the app do?

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
DangerousDave said:
What does the app do?
It appears to be a geo-positional countdown timer with alarm
So if you can't remember where you parked your car and when, it will help you go back to it.
Sounds like it could be really useful at Horwood House Hotel or Silverstone :D

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Haha, it also calculates the a time to warn you so if you are shopping and a slow walker it will give more notification to give you more time to get back

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
I lost my car once in Leeds as I don't know the city and took ages to find it after a meeting.

It keeps track of where you parked and where you are and gives you a walking route back if you need it. Usefull for city centres you don't know.

I often lose track of time in meeting when I'm on a meter and end up either paying fines or running back so the ease of use (tried it last night) works for me and yes its free, well done BMW :)

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Jonttt said:
I lost my car once in Leeds as I don't know the city and took ages to find it after a meeting.

It keeps track of where you parked and where you are and gives you a walking route back if you need it. Usefull for city centres you don't know.

I often lose track of time in meeting when I'm on a meter and end up either paying fines or running back so the ease of use (tried it last night) works for me and yes its free, well done BMW :)
Have you tried the M meter I posted on the other thread? :)

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
I've had that one since last year but to be honest those types of things don't interest me. I bought the Z3 to get away from all the gizmos my DD usually have. Driving a GTR most of last year gave me stats overkill lol

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Jonttt said:
I've had that one since last year but to be honest those types of things don't interest me. I bought the Z3 to get away from all the gizmos my DD usually have. Driving a GTR most of last year gave me stats overkill lol
I've had the app for a long time but never really tried it. Yes the GTR would do that to you but I bet it was fun all the same ;)