Opinion on Carbon Splitter Fitment

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

I have been after a pair of carbon splitters for the Zed for yonks, ideally ACS ones but they never made a set for the 1.9 facelift bumper. Kevin (Canman) fitted the ACS ones to his facelift 1.9 but only after changing the front bumper. Anyhows I have found these on e-bay which look to be upto the quality but are fitted to a prefacelift 1.9. I'm pretty sure the pre and facelift 1.9 bumper remained unchanged. Does anyone know for sure?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FIBER- ... 46025a5da5

Ebay pre-facelift,

Post facelift,

Cheers,

Tim.

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
I like them
colour coded would be better
Might be safer to use them driving
as when there off, your bonnet opens :D

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
:-?
Boysie said:
I like them
colour coded would be better
Might be safer to use them driving
as when there off, your bonnet opens :D
:D Thanks Ray, its the best pic I could find to show against the e-bay add. I have looked at maybe getting plain splitters but I do like a bit of carbon. Just have to decide if the e-bay ones will fit properly :-?

Tim.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
ACS did do splitters for the 1.9 bumper....i have a set...but iv never seen carbon ones.......but they look ok...but i like them to look part of the bumper

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
They will go nicely with your spider flaps... :-bd

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
swamper said:
ACS did do splitters for the 1.9 bumper....i have a set...but iv never seen carbon ones.......but they look ok...but i like them to look part of the bumper
I didn't think they did as Kevin's wouldn't fit :-\

Tim.

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
:-bd
z3cade said:
They will go nicely with your spider flaps... :-bd
MMmmm carbon spider flaps........I'm likey \:D/

I think these carbon ones will fit so might take a risk :) if I can ignore the sellers negative feedback :-ss

Tim.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Do it Tim.. They do look good ;)

Carbon M pedals would look nice too..

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
z3cade said:
Do it Tim.. They do look good ;)

Carbon M pedals would look nice too..
Cheers Liam, I've ordered a set so will see what arrives in the post, looks like the quality might be hit and miss looking at the feedback but only has 40 negatives out of 3000 :-ss

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
TitanTim said:
I think these carbon ones will fit so might take a risk :) if I can ignore the sellers negative feedback :-ss

Tim.
Taking the feedback for just the last 6 months, because I think that better reflects the company now and what you're likely to experience

Now you're never going to please everyone but because of the numbers they are shipping the negative and neutral are low.

Is the the only place you can get them Tim ??

Edit.................. you've ordered them whilst I was doing this and watching the TV :D

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
TitanTim said:

Tim.
Taking the feedback for just the last 6 months, because I think that better reflects the company now and what you're likely to experience

Now you're never going to please everyone but because of the numbers they are shipping the negative and neutral are low.

Is the the only place you can get them Tim ??

Edit.................. you've ordered them whilst I was doing this and watching the TV :D

Haha priceless :ymhug: are you a maths teacher by any chance?

There is a set from China on e-bay but it doesn't say which model Z3 so have gone for these as for the 1.9, I've never see any others apart for the Z3M and for the larger mouthed bumper. I'm hoping the carbon will look good against silver :)

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
haha no not a maths teacher but I use Excel all day.... I'm sure the carbon will look good against the silver, have you any other carbon on there??
I can see you having a "carbon phase" where you'll be stripping parts off for wrapping :D
Grill, mirrors.... how's your rear fin going on... is it still stuck to the boot ?

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
haha no not a maths teacher but I use Excel all day.... I'm sure the carbon will look good against the silver, have you any other carbon on there??
I can see you having a "carbon phase" where you'll be stripping parts off for wrapping :D
Grill, mirrors.... how's your rear fin going on... is it still stuck to the boot ?
Oh will be using Excel tomorrow in the office ~x(

Nope no other carbon on the Zed and not keen at all on the fake wrap, I had BMWs own carbon splitter and spoiler on the 1 Series which looked good but I think the splitters in carbon is all a Zed could take :)

Still loving the rear fin :coolsteer)

Tim.

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
TitanTim said:
swamper said:

Tim.
theres 2 types one set for the small mouth and one for the wide mouth....IIRC the difference on the part number is an L in them for the large mouth....the ones for the small mouth are as rare as hens teeth but there out there...i think mine came from holland

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
swamper said:
TitanTim said:
swamper said:

Tim.
theres 2 types one set for the small mouth and one for the wide mouth....IIRC the difference on the part number is an L in them for the large mouth....the ones for the small mouth are as rare as hens teeth but there out there...i think mine came from holland

Cheers swamper, I probably didn't think they did any for the 1.9 as like you say you never see them and I've never seen any up for sale, I think ACS didn't really bother that much with the facelifted Zed, look really good on yours :)

Tim.

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
HornelZ3M said:
i think the carbon fibre is very smart Tim. ;)
Cheers Paul, if theyre as good as in the pics they should go well on the Zed :)

Tim.