Opinion about Wrapping!

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Been considering buying a BM one series cabrio and thought I had found the one for me when after
reading all the info about this particular one it stated it had a "Full professional wrap" I must say the photo's
of the car looked really good. It was the right colour, semi automatic and a 3ltr. stunning looker but..........
Whats the opinion of wrapping a car! is it done to hide whats happened to the original paintwork?
How does this stuff stand up to stone chips and is it repairable?
would it devalue the car on resale?

B

badman gee

Hello,

You won't know the condition of the original paint work.

You can only go on the owners word. But if its not that old it should be ok.

It can easily be removed if you want to in the future.

Regarding stone chips, it will only give minimal protection if any at all, and if damaged then you will need to get the bit replaced I believe.

Don't think it will devalue the car, but it's a personal taste like all modifications.

Good luck sir

Mark

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
I have been thinking about getting my hardtop wrapped in satin black.
It is just personal taste but as you say, what's under there if you have not had it done yourself...?....
This chap is well known on the Dutch forums.

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
I'm sure he's been a member on either .net or .org? Is his user name something like fillee or something?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Yeh, DJ Phill, or something like that, have not seen him around for a while.
Supposed to be a total wosser. Would probably get on very well with Bad Boy....... :ymdevil:

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I'm all for vinyl wrap, but not sure I would buy a car with it already on. It's most likely OK underneath, but I would want to check out who did the wrapping and give it a really good look over in the corners etc. Don't want it peeling off...