Write Up Northern Rolling Road April 18

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Looks like a brilliant day. I was planning to gate crash but completely lost where my days were.

Around the 300bhp mark for the S50 is about right for its age if it’s had no work done to it. You’ll also find after a few runs you’ll start getting heat soak so it will drop bhp. It won’t fully represent the road environment.

Someone needs to poke Gaz to add these figures to the power board. Obviously noting it’s a different rolling road.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Poking @GazHyde. Please can you add the figures bearing in mind it's a different RR. :)

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Not sure if its my imagination but; the Z4 seems to be running smoother, more responsive and quicker after its day of torture?

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
They do say the cars adapt to the way they are driven so maybe now it thinks it has a boy racer at the wheel =))

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Huge thanks to @Paul Rice for a great bit of organising, a superb day, really enjoyed it :thumbsup:.
Sorry I couldn't bring the 2.2 as she has a poorly exhaust at the moment so I had to bring the 3.0. I had not even had her for 48 hours before the guys ragged the nuts out of her.
Very pleased with the result though - 233.4 BHP @ 6284RPM and 209.9 lbft @ 5034RPM
Capture.JPG

IMG_20180407_104629876.jpg

Last edited:

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Huge thanks to @Paul Rice for a great bit of organising, a superb day, really enjoyed it :thumbsup:.
Sorry I couldn't bring the 2.2 as she has a poorly exhaust at the moment so I had to bring the 3.0. I had not even had her for 48 hours before the guys ragged the nuts out of her.
Very pleased with the result though - 233.4 BHP @ 6284RPM and 209.9 lbft @ 5034RPM
View attachment 77262
View attachment 77265
That's good, over stock?

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Mine didn't sound anything like Deanos V8 but all the rest sounded pretty very much the same, here's the 3.0...

Last edited:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Thanks for arranging Paul, was fun seeing the cars maxing out. Mine was as down on power compared to last check so a bit disappointing for me. Dyno in Leeds showed 532hp. It had no cats on then but seems unlikely this would account for 60hp difference. Still sounds great though

View: https://youtu.be/6EN3vVaHnbo
Victor Eight X-ray Lima Sierra, you are clear for take-off :woot:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Thanks for arranging Paul, was fun seeing the cars maxing out. Mine was as down on power compared to last check so a bit disappointing for me. Dyno in Leeds showed 532hp. It had no cats on then but seems unlikely this would account for 60hp difference. Still sounds great though

View: https://youtu.be/6EN3vVaHnbo
Yep sounded incredible Mark.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
I thought Ben's would go like some of them. There was loads of black smoke above 5000rpm. I think he was lucky.

I shouldn't have, but I laughed at the cylinder head flying out of the bonnet at 5:08.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Has anyone got a video of the black smoke that came out of Ben's exhaust? :yuck:
Nope, I didn't even take any pics of mine as I was too busy cringing when it was being thrashed :wideyed:.
Surely the black smoke from Ben's car was just a bit of carbon being blown out ?.