No AM or FM reception

Corky999

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89
Hi, I have the Pro Sat Nav system, all works including Bluetooth, CD, hard drive…..!
Only thing not working is AM/FM radio, I just get a searching sound on both manual search and nothing automatic search.
Has anyone have any idea what could be wrong? TIA 🤞🏻
E89 30i 2010 MSport Sdrive :coolsteer)

ExMX5owner

ǝᴉssnⱯ ʎllᴉS
Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Antenna is disconnected...Seems most likely, although unfamiliar with the 4. If it were my 3, its the first place I would look. Last time I had that happen, some vandal had actually snapped my antenna off, not on the 3 though, another car, starting with MX, :whistle:

Last edited:

Corky999

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89
Hi thanks, Aerial fine looking at it, gonna try a different one before I take head unit out to check the back

ExMX5owner

ǝᴉssnⱯ ʎllᴉS
Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Hi thanks, Aerial fine looking at it, gonna try a different one before I take head unit out to check the back
Thats normally where they disconnect themselves..sometimes is just a bad connect, a bit of moisture got in, vibration etc, lots of reasons. but if everything else works, it points at the antenna, it should be easier to check the connect at head unit first. Lots of 4 owners here, that can guide you I,m certain..The signal the antenna picks up is minuscule, I does not take much to drop it out..especially if it has a path to earth, that scenario can be tricky if you cant find it.. Lets hope it is just a poor connect..

Last edited:

Pond

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
E89s have more than one aerial. The 'whippy', or 'stubby' if it's been modded, is just one of them. Can't remember where they are TBH but there are diagrams available somewhere on the Z4 forum.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The E85 Z4 has an amplifier for the aerial, which I beleive is in/on the rear bumper somewhere.

Tony.