New Z3 owner

Daemian

Hello, everyone!

I recently acquired a 1998 Z3 with the 2.8L. This is going to be a project car due to the extensive amount of work it needs, but I'm excited to get started on it.

I live in Texas, and coming from previously owning first and second gen Miatas, I can't wait to see how much more fun this more powerful platform can be.

Hope to see y'all around the boards here!

Last edited:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi and :welcome: to the forum from me too in Stafford, England.

Daemian

Thanks, everyone!! I've been looking around at different threads and videos about my new acquisition, and I'm pretty happy with what I have. Seems that the 2.8L is a solid engine.

This particular car, the engine starts and runs. The body is in pretty good condition. Paint has some cracks, so that'll be a thing to address. Primarily, the interior needs to be completely redone. I'll need seals for the soft top, and then adjust everything there. Windows won't roll down due to some broken parts inside the door. Nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of welding. All in all... no complaints. I traded a 1998 BMW R1100R (that I got for free) for this car. And I'm looking forward to make this an ongoing project that will eventually get passed down to my son who is about to turn 1 year old. 😁

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Welcome aboard the Forum, all you will ever need to know about your car can be found on here, we have a great membership all over the World. Update your user details to show your location and car model so it appears to the left of your posts and in your profile, it assists us when answering your posts and saves you typing the details in on every post you make.