New to Forum

Rudyrov

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L Roadster
Maybe wise to make sure you get the fitting kit included as they can be as expensive as the roof...well over here anyway
I believe you are right, I have heard of this issue here as well. Thanks for the heads up anyway though!

DivideBYZero

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2
Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Nice community here, very helpful and lots of good information and advice.

Bazza

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Welcome enjoy you cant beat a good Zed it looks great.

Bazza

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hi from Pine Falls, Manitoba, Canada where it's been like -40 for 2 months and more snow than I've seen in a long time. My car in awaiting export from UK and the first thing I did was buy a hardtop. Shop carefully and check your car for the install prep kit for the hardtop as well as making sure the top comes with it's own kit. They sell for more than some cars!!!! Good luck, JIM

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Hi everyone, Rudy here from the great Pacific North West (Seattle).
I own a 98 Z3 Roadster and absolutely love the car.
:welcome:Rudy! Your Zed looks great and seems to me as a M44? If yes, yuo can join the "Massive M44"!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Hi from Pine Falls, Manitoba, Canada where it's been like -40 for 2 months and more snow than I've seen in a long time. My car in awaiting export from UK and the first thing I did was buy a hardtop. Shop carefully and check your car for the install prep kit for the hardtop as well as making sure the top comes with it's own kit. They sell for more than some cars!!!! Good luck, JIM
Oldcarman an advice for you: after you manage with the famous steam cleaning :)please don't forget to have checked (and if necessary replaced) the cooling liquid while in UK they have very comfortable temperatures, comparing with Canada:eek:; you have to avoid the freezing threat during transport , until delivery!!!:wideyed:

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I was looking around for a hardtop and saw one in Frorida for $1200. But the seller didn't seem to want to sell it. Also had to figure out shipping. Frankie

Rudyrov

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L Roadster
Gentlemen, I want to ask your advice. Can you tell me what forum section I should subscribe to for general questions and whats going on?
I am currently subscribed to Z3 Roadster & Coupe` as well as Z3 & Z3m roadster & Coupe Knowledge base. I am disappointed because I get very little, perhaps nothing in the way of post notifications. What do you guys follow, specially guys with cars like mine 98 z3 2.8 Roadster.
I thank your input ahead of time!

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country
Gentlemen, I want to ask your advice. Can you tell me what forum section I should subscribe to for general questions and whats going on?
I am currently subscribed to Z3 Roadster & Coupe` as well as Z3 & Z3m roadster & Coupe Knowledge base. I am disappointed because I get very little, perhaps nothing in the way of post notifications. What do you guys follow, specially guys with cars like mine 98 z3 2.8 Roadster.
I thank your input ahead of time!
I use the "latest threads" button Rudyrov

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I am currently subscribed to Z3 Roadster & Coupe` as well as Z3 & Z3m roadster & Coupe Knowledge base. I am disappointed because I get very little, perhaps nothing in the way of post notifications.
As @bruce&kim suggests using the "Latest Threads" gives you the best overview of everything that has been posted. It's the main page I use to try and keep on top of things.

One problem is that sometimes people post in the wrong section. I spend a fair bit of time moving threads around in to the correct section, but sometimes I don't notice it's in the wrong section myself :bag:.

As with watching specific forums, you also have the option to watch specific threads. Obviously if you reply you will automatically be notified, but it's handy if you don't want to reply to a thread but are interested in it.

Rudyrov

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L Roadster
Thank you Bruce&Kim, your suggestion is much appreciated.
Is it possible to subscribe to it (The whats new ), so it comes to my mailbox every day?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Is it possible to subscribe to it (The whats new ), so it comes to my mailbox every day?
There is an add-on for the forum software which should allow this. However there is a update to the forum software core due for release in the coming weeks, so I'm holding off adding it for now. Once we have that version running, then I can look at adding extra stuff again :)

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country
Thank you Bruce&Kim, your suggestion is much appreciated.
Your most welcome Rudyrov Sure like me you have many questions and I have had answers to all mine....apart from when the weather is going to change for the better :(

Rudyrov

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L Roadster
There is an add-on for the forum software which should allow this. However there is a update to the forum software core due for release in the coming weeks, so I'm holding off adding it for now. Once we have that version running, then I can look at adding extra stuff again :)
Thank you GazHyde, I will keep an eye out for the updated Forum and check back. In the meantime I will try to remember to check the Whats new pages!

Rudyrov

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L Roadster
Your most welcome Rudyrov Sure like me you have many questions and I have had answers to all mine....apart from when the weather is going to change for the better :(
Thanks Bruce& Kim, I can relate to that living in the Seattle area it is forever cloudy and rains at the drop of a hat.
I really like reading the posts and commenting when I have something to share, some things I have done or run into and allot of times they are tips for things I need to keep an eye on.
;)