new soft top

B

badman gee

Guest
just had a quote for a new soft top from a main dealer.

and the amount is £1940 fitted yes £1940

=)) =)) =))
 

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
4,696
Location
Heacham Norfolk
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
badman gee said:
just had a quote for a new soft top from a main dealer.

and the amount is £1940 fitted yes £1940

=)) =)) =))
That's a sizeable deposit for a new Z4, especially if you swap your car in too. :D

or another way of looking at it, for that price I would want a car attached to it aswell!! :ymdevil:
 
B

badman gee

Guest
its probaby about right, when you think what the car cost new in 2000.

but they are taking the rise.

i can get the same quality fitted for 600 and you wont tell the difference.

:)
 

r37

Dedicated Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
293
good old bwm and inflated prices. Was quoted £55+vat for the microswitch that controlls the electric roof last week, managed to get the same switch for 68p.
 

zedster4

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
177
Doesn't the one from your other BMW fit? :D Seriously, that's a crazy price.

Bazza
 

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
4,696
Location
Heacham Norfolk
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
:ymsigh:
r37 said:
good old bwm and inflated prices. Was quoted £55+vat for the microswitch that controlls the electric roof last week, managed to get the same switch for 68p.

r37, Where do you find all these amazing prices? cos I never seem to be able to find bargains like that :ymsigh:
 
B

badman gee

Guest
r37 said:
good old bwm and inflated prices. Was quoted £55+vat for the microswitch that controlls the electric roof last week, managed to get the same switch for 68p.
a microswitch is a couple of contacts and a plastic case.

thats it!

robbing =;
 

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
1,980
Location
Peterborough
badman gee said:
just had a quote for a new soft top from a main dealer.

and the amount is £1940 fitted yes £1940

=)) =)) =))
You could buy another Rover 75 for that.. :car)

:p
 

r37

Dedicated Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
293
EnthuZiaZT said:
:ymsigh:
r37 said:
good old bwm and inflated prices. Was quoted £55+vat for the microswitch that controlls the electric roof last week, managed to get the same switch for 68p.

r37, Where do you find all these amazing prices? cos I never seem to be able to find bargains like that :ymsigh:
my dad works for rolls-royce and got it from a supplier, direct from their website its still less than £5 including delivery. Packaging wasnt as nice as BMW stuff but for a saving of £65ish i'll put up with it.
 

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
2,619
Location
Telford, Shropshire
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
r37 said:
EnthuZiaZT said:
:ymsigh:
r37 said:
good old bwm and inflated prices. Was quoted £55+vat for the microswitch that controlls the electric roof last week, managed to get the same switch for 68p.

r37, Where do you find all these amazing prices? cos I never seem to be able to find bargains like that :ymsigh:
my dad works for rolls-royce and got it from a supplier, direct from their website its still less than £5 including delivery. Packaging wasnt as nice as BMW stuff but for a saving of £65ish i'll put up with it.
Do you have a link to the website that they can be purchased from as I need a replacement?

And was it easy to replace?
 

SilverZed

Dedicated Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
104
Location
Sunderland
Model of Z
2.2
badman gee said:
its probaby about right, when you think what the car cost new in 2000.

but they are taking the rise.

i can get the same quality fitted for 600 and you wont tell the difference.

:)
If you go to an experienced trimmer who has done plenty of Z3s before you may well get a better job. How many hoods do you reckon young technicians at BMW dealers have fitted recently?
 
B

badman gee

Guest
SilverZed said:
badman gee said:
its probaby about right, when you think what the car cost new in 2000.

but they are taking the rise.

i can get the same quality fitted for 600 and you wont tell the difference.

:)
If you go to an experienced trimmer who has done plenty of Z3s before you may well get a better job. How many hoods do you reckon young technicians at BMW dealers have fitted recently?
as many as zero :ymdevil:
 
Top