New kid

Hi and welcome from South Wales.
Hello and thank you. I love the color of your car. I think my dream is to drive the car around the Great Britain countryside. I'll bet you know something about sealing and protecting the rubbers against leakage! I've only visited once and I was always impressed how pleasant everyone from Wales seemed. I only met residents on the train, but they caused me to want to visit Wales.
 
Will probably be the windscreen rubber above your A-Pillars.

upload_2015-9-5_11-4-16-png.20594
Thank you. I am making a note of this and will be sure to check it out. I think I remember seeing a video about this. I appreciate it.
 
hi and welcome, im recovering from my bike habit too, the Z is the perfect antidote.:thumbsup: i get by just buying basket cases and putting them back together again, satisfy s my bike habit and i make some money too.
 
Welcome from Aylesbury in the U.K. :p :thumbsup:
 
hi and welcome, im recovering from my bike habit too, the Z is the perfect antidote.:thumbsup: i get by just buying basket cases and putting them back together again, satisfy s my bike habit and i make some money too.
Thank you. I'm glad it works for you, but being that close would just be a tease for me. My last one, a Triumph Tiger, convinced me I was no longer man enough.
 
Thank you. I'm glad it works for you, but being that close would just be a tease for me. My last one, a Triumph Tiger, convinced me I was no longer man enough.

also falling off hurts more as you get older=)) the problem i had was the shear volume of traffic on the roads, its a lot more dangerous now, and to make things even worse cars are not as slow as they were:eek:
 
oh yeh forgot to mention, after i put them back together my reward is i to use them for a few weeks (just to check them over you understand, honest)
 
oh yeh forgot to mention, after i put them back together my reward is i to use them for a few weeks (just to check them over you understand, honest)
That's great! Now that does sound like fun. I had never dropped a bike (since I was off-roading as a kid) until last year in a parking lot and that gave me pause. Back in 1982, I went head-on with a drunk driver and had no idea why and how I survived until we had children. Now that they're teenagers, there are moments I might be rethinking that.
 
yeh, funny thing is though- does any of you teenage children ride bikes? when i was a teenager my mother would worry her self mad and i could never understand why until my own children became teenagers.
i have dropped a few, particularly in the early to mid 80s riding mad 2 strokes=)) oh yeh the smell of that two stoke smoke ( as i go all glazy eyed)
 
yeh, funny thing is though- does any of you teenage children ride bikes? when i was a teenager my mother would worry her self mad and i could never understand why until my own children became teenagers.
i have dropped a few, particularly in the early to mid 80s riding mad 2 strokes=)) oh yeh the smell of that two stoke smoke ( as i go all glazy eyed)
None of my kids like motorcycles, much to their mother's delight. My mom used to watch me leave, almost like she thought it would be the last time she'd see me alive. Our eighteen year old is in the Middle East at the moment, studying. That is a little uncomfortable for us.
 
None of my kids like motorcycles, much to their mother's delight. My mom used to watch me leave, almost like she thought it would be the last time she'd see me alive. Our eighteen year old is in the Middle East at the moment, studying. That is a little uncomfortable for us.

yes i can imagine, not such a good place to be as westerners.
 
Hi and welcome from me near Lincoln UK..A lot of the owners on here are the wrong side of not young so feel at home. I would love to bring my Z4 3.0 over to your side of the Atlantic as we have a villa in Kissimmee, Florida. We make do by sometimes having a convertible rental car when we come over.:)

Tony.
 
Hi and welcome from me near Lincoln UK..A lot of the owners on here are the wrong side of not young so feel at home. I would love to bring my Z4 3.0 over to your side of the Atlantic as we have a villa in Kissimmee, Florida. We make do by sometimes having a convertible rental car when we come over.:)

Tony.
Thanks Tony. Good to meet you. A convertible in Florida does sound nice. We have a little place near Ft Myers but can't take the Z down with the kids.
 
I hope your place wasn't affected by the Tornado which touched down in the area last week. A convertible is very nice but you need a hat in the middle of the day, in the evening it's great when it's cooled down a bit.

Tony.
 
I hope your place wasn't affected by the Tornado which touched down in the area last week. A convertible is very nice but you need a hat in the middle of the day, in the evening it's great when it's cooled down a bit.

Tony.
No, it missed us by about 15-20 miles. My wife has been through 2 of them and doesn't want to do it again. I haven't tackled the hat thing yet....my brother told me he lost 2 baseball caps that way.
 
Hello, I'm a new "kid" from Indiana, USA. I recently gave up my motorcycle habit (not as durable as I was 45 years ago) and have acquired my brother's Z3 3.0 Roadster. He had put 47K on it, but kept it in a heated garage for 15 years, with the top down. It still has the original wiper blades and he thought he'd used the headlights only a couple of times. Even though it hasn't been abused, I think it's amazing the number of to-be-expected issues these cars have. So far, I've replaced the broken dead pedal, installed rear shocks and added shock mount plates, replaced the cracked exhaust pipe tips, changed the valve cover gasket and did the vanos rebuild. Next issues to tackle are the broken seat belt guides, worn leather seats, seat bushings, some peeling paint on the style 32 alloys, and a subwoofer. Have I touched on all the common ailments? The car is a ball to drive, but how many people own these cars so they have something to work on regularly? Anyway, I'm enjoying getting my hands dirty again.
Welcome to the forum from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. I wasn't too far from you a few weeks ago. I drove out to Ohio for some Z seats. Frankie
 
Back
Top