New hoops and a little polish !

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
After managing to acquire of a set of ACS roll hoops from Dave P on here I thought its time to get them fitted and take a few snaps !

Took a while to get them in as they are a really really snug fit but got there eventually with a little help from a wooden mallet !!

Also ('_')Z3 from the .net site kindly gave me a tinted wind deflector to fit the ACS hoops which fits perfectly

Once they were fitted spent 4hrs cleaning !!!

Now some driving around required me thinks !!

Z

zedonist

Looking really nice, reminds me of Yaldens Z3, that was nice too!

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Well it's a little bit of a process really !!
Meguiars ultimate compound
Meguiars swirl remover
Poorboys black hole polish
Then I get the Zymol carbon out the fridge and wax it !!
All applied with a Festool Rotex machine,
The wife thinks I'm nuts !!

Z

zedonist

Well credit to you, the flake really pops, you should give Collinite 845 a go as final treatment though

Z

zedonist

It is a final carnauba wax, it is the liquid form of Collinite 476s, have a look at my Frank Martin media

vintage42

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
After managing to acquire of a set of ACS roll hoops... Took a while to get them in as they are a really really snug fit but got there eventually with a little help from a wooden mallet !!...
Are these the structural type that mount to the floor, or the decorative type that are held by the upper console?

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Not 100% sure any are actually structural but these are close to OEM and made by AC Schnitzer

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Looking great Woody.

Are these the structural type that mount to the floor, or the decorative type that are held by the upper console?
AFAIAA The AC Schnitzer hoops were the only aftermarket hoops that were also TUV approved for safety so as good as the original.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Yea that's right Brian, the AC hoops bolted in the same way as the OEM ones just needed a mallet to tap them home