New Hardtop Colour

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
I brought out my hardtop earlier this week in anticipation of fitting it to the car, Arctic Silver on Dakar Yellow II car just does not suit!

I had the roof wrapped in Satin Black but will eventually get it sprayed in Dakar Yellow II.

This may not be everyones cup of tea (at the moment I am unsure myself :-\ ), comment good and bad are welcome :)

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I like it how about wrapping the windscreen surround too? I think it will help tie it in to the rest of the car ;)

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Not bad Brian, good as a stop gap measure, certainly better than silver, but for me it would have to be Dakar Yellow. :D

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
I like the black too but it's what YOU like that counts ;)
With black gills it would be even better.

Sent from m'iPhone using TappetTorque

SeaSurfer

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Z3 Auto
Black Top, Black Windscreen surround, Black Gills and my two pennies worth, black wing mirrors (leave bases dakar) would look brill, and individual too :-bd

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Black looks great, after all if you had the hood up it wouldnt be in Dakar!!! :)) Dont go colouring the other parts
it wouldnt look right IMO anyway. [-x

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
zedwheels said:
Black looks great, after all if you had the hood up it wouldnt be in Dakar!!! :)) Dont go colouring the other parts
it wouldnt look right IMO anyway. [-x
+1

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Thanks for the comments/suggestion, for now I will be leaving the trim pieces etc. as they are as I do intend to colour code the top at some point. zedwheels you make a good point, I though that having the top black would mimic the look of the soft top, it just looks so different. I suppose I am still getting used to it. Thanks again ;)

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
I think that looks really smart. Perhaps the windscreen surround but that would be enough for me. You could always tape some black plastic to the other places mentioned to see what you think. At least if it is vinyl wrapped it isn't really permanent.

Brian