New boy

steve farrington

Hi guys just got a Z4 35I, 59 plate which was a achieved by trading in my E60 M5, just could not gel with the M5 to get a driving experience you had to push it hard which was very hard on the wallet at like 12mpg. Still have my E46 M3 which is a love affair and to date have done about 10k in mods ( hope my wife don't log on here) no real intention of modding the Z4 as it will be a daily and I like it OEM just needs some detailing. Soon as I figure out the picture uploading process on this site and have taken them LOL will post them up.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Hi Steve
Glad you found us, what colour is your 4, We have a E85 in Montego Blue, Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Where are you based.
Mike & Sandy

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
:welcome: from me too.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Welcome Steve,

Would be nice to see some pictures of both your Z4 and the E46 M3. The E46 M3 is probably the only car I would swap my Z3 for, assuming I could find a decent Phoenix Yellow convertible.

Uploading pictures is straightforward, just hit the "Upload a File" button just under the editor window!

Gary

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
hello there!

pics please

its the rules...:)

steve farrington

Hi Steve
Glad you found us, what colour is your 4, We have a E85 in Montego Blue, Looking forward to seeing your pics!
Where are you based.
Mike & Sandy
Hi its Deep Sea Blue Metallic, based in Chelmsford Essex, probably take it to Players North Weald Sunday ( only in the car park ) my wife works 2=10 as a nurse so no car when I get home, will post pics at the weekend, its in need of a detail though.

steve farrington

IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG
Thanks for the welcome will get some pics up at the weekend here are a couple of the M3, must say the dct in the Z4 is a revelation compared to smg. Somehow managed to get the pictures befor the words, used to uploading from photobucket.
1st pcture is top of St.Bernard pass Swizerland from a road trip this year. The wheels are not really that dark just full of brake dust from 2k of hard driving.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Wow, that M3 looks very special. Cracking engine bay, a sea of carbon fibre! Cheers for posting them...

The lure of the M3.... must.... resist....

Z

zedonist

Hi welcome, I have my eye on 35is z4, I assume it is almost as good as the M3, and perhaps a bit better with the roof down, any comments on this as yet?

B

badman gee

Hi welcome, I have my eye on 35is z4, I assume it is almost as good as the M3, and perhaps a bit better with the roof down, any comments on this as yet?
M3 a far better car IMHO.

The e46 is possibly the best m3 ever made. Apart from the csl

steve farrington

IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG
It is hard to compare the E46 with the Z4 as I think the M3 is just an Icon, in terms of straight line speed with a map the Z4 in this guise would be very similar if not faster than the M3. The Z4 is next generation and it shows the dct box is a leap in front of smg. The final comparison is tough the M3 has coilovers, AP racing brakes, Geoff Steel air box and Alpa N map, M track enabled so very on it.

My first mission is get rid of the run flats for some nice Michelin super sports

Here are a couple of quick pics between showers
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG

steve farrington

Its desperate for some detailing will start a little build thread to show progress with before and afters, just orderd a steamer for the leather. Evolve have just adapted there S54 csl air box for the Z4M this should not be missed the box and map change the car completley for the better, the induction noise is completley addictive.
Once again thanks for the kind comments

Last edited: