Navigation screen plus related items.

Lechenich

Regular Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Points
13
Good afternoon. Just bought a Z4 2.3s. 2011 It doesn't have a navigation system screen, it does have a radio and cd player. I'd like to fit a screen into the fold away dash area that would be compatible with what is already in place. Anyone have any suggestions as to a. what I need product wise and b. what I need to make it compatible with the radio/cdplayer etc?? Thank you for your time and help
 
Hi,
You will be much better off asking this question on the Z4 forum (www.z4-forum.com).
There is a chap on there with the username anubisZed (his name is Dave!) who is the guru when it comes to aftermarket tech for the E89 Z4.

Without i-drive I know it is more complex, but it can be done fairly easily.
 
Link

There's a few after market options some include the i-drive controller some don't. Link above to one of them. I haven't used this and have no real experience of them just a start point for your reasearch.
 
Link

There's a few after market options some include the i-drive controller some don't. Link above to one of them. I haven't used this and have no real experience of them just a start point for your reasearch.
Thank you for the help, also like your idea of procaffeinating
 
So you can do two options..fit a cheap CarPlay unit for around £50-£100 and ‘wedge’ it in place ..I’ve fitted a few for folks ..

The other option is a Linux screen for £250-£350 with or without a faux idrive controller knob..these are quite nice and have custom mouldings to give a factory feel..

If you want more details pm me..
 
Your Linux idea sounds like a good fix
So you can do two options..fit a cheap CarPlay unit for around £50-£100 and ‘wedge’ it in place ..I’ve fitted a few for folks ..

The other option is a Linux screen for £250-£350 with or without a faux idrive controller knob..these are quite nice and have custom mouldings to give a factory feel..

If you want more details pm me..
Good evening B21

I like the Linux suggestion that you make, I don't want it to disappear out into the hedge on a sharp corner. Any details or suggestions that you have would be most welcome. I'm also interested in a camera front and back to record trips and avoid crumpling the bodywork.
 
Back
Top