• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale N/S sill Z3 facelift

Have patience dealing with Mr Fleabag. He's a decent guy but in no hurry to let you get hold of him and tie him down for picking stuff up.

His ebay auctions make this very clear.

Personally if I was replacing my sills I'd want no rust at all, not least because it's likely to be a sign of what awaits on the inside.
 
Iv been waiting since April to pop over for a few bits had the odd message but excuse after excuse!!
Totally useless I have no idea how he actually makes any money
 
Have patience dealing with Mr Fleabag. He's a decent guy but in no hurry to let you get hold of him and tie him down for picking stuff up.

His ebay auctions make this very clear.

Personally if I was replacing my sills I'd want no rust at all, not least because it's likely to be a sign of what awaits on the inside.

In a perfect world we would all fit new parts but at £160 a side its not always feasible, if this is correctly treated it could last for a good number of years.
 
In a perfect world we would all fit new parts but at £160 a side its not always feasible, if this is correctly treated it could last for a good number of years.
Absolutely. And I don't like spending money I don't need to either. I've rebuilt 2 Z3s now with replacement panels in the right colour rather than get existing ones resprayed.

I still need 2 replacement pre-facelift sills in Boston Green but I might as well dream on - I've been looking for 18 months. Pre-facelift sills rust free are pretty much impossible to find.

Facelift sills are a better bet second-hand. But I'd want to wait until some completely rust free ones turned up and buy them off someone who is not very difficult to deal with. They are available and one of the best sources are kit car builders as they like a solid car to work off.
 
Iv been waiting since April to pop over for a few bits had the odd message but excuse after excuse!!
Totally useless I have no idea how he actually makes any money
If you're prepared to go to Marlborough where Fleabag is then you'd save a few miles if it was only Swindon :) Where I have 2 breakers on the go :) Let me know if I can help
 
I still need 2 replacement pre-facelift sills in Boston Green but I might as well dream on - I've been looking for 18 months. Pre-facelift sills rust free are pretty much impossible to find.
.

I've just got a dark green (can't check colout until I can work out how to open the bonnet!) pre facelift, sills look OK, I'll be having a shift around at the weekend and will have a better look for you.
 
Having recently replaced both cills on my car I can vouch for replacing with new....

I toiled with the idea of trying to repair and or replace with 2nd hand items but to be honest even the ones advertised have rust, chips, dents etc. and it would only have been a matter of time before the problem reoccurred and I wasn't for spending £'s on rust remedial works then prep and paint.... for the problem to return at some point.

I got my sills for £114 each from BMW for what it's worth and I got them within a week of ordering...

Equally so with my new sills they've been fully prep'd, undersealed, guarded, painted then clear coated both inside and outside so no chance of rust returning....

Just my opinion obviously but thought I'd share...

Craig
 
Back
Top