My Z4 Coupe Itch

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Congrats that looks great, sits really well, has it been lowered or on coilovers? I believe the wheels are bbs rc rather then the bmw csl.
Thanks - yes it is on coilovers - not a lot of give in the suspension but thats good with it being a lower and with the splitters. And there are speed humps on my estate (which of course I forgot about when buying it!) :banghead:

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Don’t think I’ve seen enough photos. Time you updated us with some more 😃
This was on Saturday while I was away on the Spring Scottish Run in the Z3... Mr Vanos working his magic !!
Vanos.PNG

More pictures due later this week from the garage where it is having the Conrod Bearing Shells done !!

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Good idea that, get the big engine jobs done then enjoy zed from then on.

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Good idea that, get the big engine jobs done then enjoy zed from then on.
Yeah - the vanos defo needed doing - it was rattling like a diesel when it was warmed up and now no rattle at all. Shells for my own piece of mind then I know they are done and a few other bits and pieces while it is in there like a small exhaust leak (mentioned by Mr Vanos) the aircon, handbrake adjustment and trying to find that battery drain that I havent had time to investigate yet. Should be like a new car when I get it back.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Car looks great, must say I do like the Z4 coupe . It looks like a proper coupe from every angle unlike the Z3 with the angular hatchback,completely at odds with the swooping curves of the roadster, 'bodged' on the back.

• Agree
Reactions: Lee

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Car looks great, must say I do like the Z4 coupe . It looks like a proper coupe from every angle unlike the Z3 with the angular hatchback,completely at odds with the swooping curves of the roadster, 'bodged' on the back.
Thanks Victor - yeah I fell for the look of the Z4 coupe the first time I saw it. Starting to appreciate the Z3 coupe now the more I see them - there were 2 on the scottish run this weekend including Hugh's. I have been on a couple of drives with @miller1098 the past 12 months and I like the subtle upgrades on his - fair to say he has a fine rear end when I am right up it 🤣

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Thanks Victor - yeah I fell for the look of the Z4 coupe the first time I saw it. Starting to appreciate the Z3 coupe now the more I see them - there were 2 on the scottish run this weekend including Hugh's. I have been on a couple of drives with @miller1098 the past 12 months and I like the subtle upgrades on his - fair to say he has a fine rear end when I am right up it 🤣
Thanks I think, Just seen this and your car looks epic,you know I’m not a purist and I love splitters,spoilers and big exhausts And a bit of suspension lowering lol. My mate in Cumbria has a immaculate imola red z4mc that he was trying to sell but I think he’s going to keep now but I was so tempted. The z4mc has to be one of the best all round usable sports cars available. What an engine hold on for dear life...I’ve a bit of ///m envy ;)

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Thanks I think, Just seen this and your car looks epic,you know I’m not a purist and I love splitters,spoilers and big exhausts And a bit of suspension lowering lol. My mate in Cumbria has a immaculate imola red z4mc that he was trying to sell but I think he’s going to keep now but I was so tempted. The z4mc has to be one of the best all round usable sports cars available. What an engine hold on for dear life...I’ve a bit of ///m envy ;)
Thanks Hugh - yeah it is a bit quick and a little bit quicker than normal with the Eventuri intake - maybe we need a coupe only run !!

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
What was his impression of the state of the bearings and VANOS?
The Vanos definitely needed doing, it sounded like a diesel when it was warm.... Mr Vanos mentioned about an exhaust leak that he could hear (I couldnt to be fair) but when I took it to the garage for the bearing shells they've identified 2 cracks on the headers so they are currently off being welded... Whilst in the garage other issues are being review/rectified...

Handbrake adjustment and New brakes (discs and pad) on all 4 corners - £1000
Exhaust header welding - £500
Conrod bearing shells, engine mounts, oil and filter - £1100
Aircon - top up only, no leaks - £45
Clutch Delay Valve Delete
Power drain investigation - TBC