My 2.8

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Matt that's the smog pump (auxiliary air pump) fitted only for the US market. It's not required here or needed so you can disconnect the two core cable plug, the hose to the housing on the head and the housing and bin them. You will need a blanking plate to seal the port on the cylinder head and I can supply said blanking plate if you would like one.
I removed the one on my 2000 Z3 and it makes NO difference to the emissions whatsoever.

Tony.

Matts2.8

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Thank you Tony for the info very much appricated. How much do you want for the blanking plate and is there much work required fitting it ?
Would tidy the engine bay up too which is a nice bonus

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hey Matt, I'll PM you later if thats ok?

Tony.

2DunnsZ3

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 5 speed roadster
Welcome from the USA. Have as much fun making it your own as you do driving it. You cant drive these Zeds without smiling

Matts2.8

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Menage to get the above sorted out and fitted some new chrome dor sills. I'll get some pictures of them and upload.
As it was nice and got chance to get the out for a drive. 2 stone chips later so at least that's out the way lol time to get the springs on order and a full service. Would like more noise but don't want a huge exhaust. I'm thinking of a cone type air filter? Do these cars perform OK with this type of air filter ?

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Menage to get the above sorted out and fitted some new chrome dor sills. I'll get some pictures of them and upload.
As it was nice and got chance to get the out for a drive. 2 stone chips later so at least that's out the way lol time to get the springs on order and a full service. Would like more noise but don't want a huge exhaust. I'm thinking of a cone type air filter? Do these cars perform OK with this type of air filter ?
Yes they work well with induction kits

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

2DunnsZ3

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 5 speed roadster
everytime I successfully move away from a subject without spending any money, someone brings it back up and Im thinking about it again! Damn it Matt!=))

Matts2.8

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Having trouble with uploading pictures all of a sudden which is annoying. Says security issue but I think it's to do with the size if the pictures

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Having trouble with uploading pictures all of a sudden which is annoying. Says security issue but I think it's to do with the size if the pictures
We have seen issues with certain cameras and phones which produce really large image and file sizes.