Mot

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Just past the mot . But is a bit rough on start up from cold any clues ? Thanks :coolsteer)

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Well done on passing your MOT always s good feeling.

With regard to your rough idling could be a number of thingd from a split intake hose to cam sensors it is hard to tell with such a vague description but it is not that uncommon a problem so if you give us a bit more info I am sure we can all help.

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
It's been on a computer and it says it's a electrical fault there is a small split on a hose I am getting that sorted it only does it for a few minutes from start up and then is fine the mass airflow sensor has been changed for a new one was going to change the lamba sensor but don't want to keep wasting money if that is ok any ideas many thanks its not indicating cam shaft sensor either

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Well the spli hose certainly wont help, what code did it come up with when you had it hooked up to the computer?

Get the hose fixed first then if it is still misbehaving we can investigate further.

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Ok will do thanks for your help . Can't remember the code but have to go back to the garage next week will let you know the code next week :coolsteer)

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Our Zed is going in tomorrow as it has just started cutting out when at junctions.
bill

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Well just had car checked and £118 lighter. Had to have exhaust cam sensor changed, luckily Dealer had one on the shelf £88.
bill

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Hi guys tha code are 062 3e misfiring sum relevant to exhaust gas 051 33 misfire cylinder 2 relevant to exhaust gas and 052 34 misfire cylinder 3 relivent to exhaust gas :coolsteer)

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
It seems such a long time ago you could clean the points and rotor and it would start lol... :D

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
gookah said:
Macca said:
It seems such a long time ago you could clean the points and rotor and it would start lol... :D
Not after I fitted my 'Sparkrite' electronic ignition.
I also fitted the Raydyot heated rear window too, :-bd
Now there's a man from my era. Sparkrite electronic ignition, it's the future..... :D

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Macca said:
gookah said:
Macca said:
Not after I fitted my 'Sparkrite' electronic ignition.
I also fitted the Raydyot heated rear window too, :-bd
Now there's a man from my era. Sparkrite electronic ignition, it's the future..... :D
Me also - I remember building my Sparkrite from a kit :)