Mints Charity Walk

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Points
222
Location
Stafford
Model of Z
2.2 Sport Individual
Hi All, as some of you know Pauline [Wifey] was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 after her regular mammogram. It was a small lump but quite deep so she could not feel it even after her diagnosis. She had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy and has been cancer free since then.

We have sponsored a Breast Cancer nurse for the charity 'Breast Cancer Now' for a few years and last year she completed a charity walk for them.

This year I've decided to it too. So, the challenge is for me to 'Walk 100 Miles in October' to raise money for this great charity.

My focus on this challenge will be to get all the ladies I see on the walk to go for their regular mammograms as without them my life could be so different now.

If you would like to sponsor me I and the charity would be very grateful.

I have set up a JustGiving page for anyone who would like to sponsor me, here is the link https://www.justgiving.com/page/david-potter-71

Thank you in advance for any donations.
Dave
 
My focus on this challenge will be to get all the ladies I see on the walk to go for their regular mammograms as without them my life could be so different now.

That will be an interesting conversation opener !!! just don’t get arrested !!! =))=))=))
 
Brilliant Dave and the very best of luck. As you know this time last year Mandy was diagnosed and awaiting surgery. The motorhome trip to Spain and Morocco was cancelled and 4 lumps and 2 lymph nodes removed on the 12th November 2026 which was probably the longest day of my life. Fast forward we have just finished https://zroadster.org/threads/the-italian-job.79909/ and are now gearing up to resume the road trip to Morocco. You will do us proud.
 
That will be an interesting conversation opener !!! just don’t get arrested !!! =))=))=))
At least it would raise awareness Malc =))=))
 
We got a few more miles in at Carsington Water, great weather here atm:thumbsup:
WhatsApp Image 2026-10-05 at 18.42.50.webp
 
Back
Top