Meguiars PlastX for rear window?

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
My rear window has a fold mark across the middle and i've tried to clean it off with Meguiars PlastX but the results are barely noticeable....

I'd already tried it from the outside and assumed that the marks must of been on the inside, but the results were no better.

Has anybody had good results with this stuff?

How long did you rub for?

Where can one acquire the services of a midget to get past the headrests and at the inside of the window more easily? :p

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Warrior said:

Where can one acquire the services of a midget? :p
Have a word with badman I am sure he could point you in the right direction.

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Warrior said:
My rear window has a fold mark across the middle and i've tried to clean it off with Meguiars PlastX but the results are barely noticeable....
I'd already tried it from the outside and assumed that the marks must of been on the inside
Most of the scratches will be on the outside where the second roof spar pushes into the screen as the hood folds:

If your screen is badly scratched (ie if you can feel them with your finger nail) no amount of polishing will remove them.
Sadly the only the thing to do to get rid of those marks is to replace the screen
You may get a better result with Autoglym SRP which has a slight filler effect on the deeper marks.
What you should notice with either product is that the rest of the screen is much cleaner and a lot less hazy.

Our screen was scratched at purchase, the former owner having neglected to use their BMW window blanket #-o
However, we don't notice it any more, especially when the hood is open :D

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Good Morning Titan, my rear screen is made of glass, oh and it is heated..... :ymsmug:

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
hard top said:
Good Morning Titan, my rear screen is made of glass, oh and it is heated..... :ymsmug:
And when I see it, it will also have a fold line in it :ymdevil:

B

badman gee

Sorcerors Apprentice said:
Warrior said:

Where can one acquire the services of a midget? :p
Have a word with badman I am sure he could point you in the right direction.
wicked sod apprentice. :D

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Who is this Mark?

Z3nt from m'iPhone on Tapatalk

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
Titan said:
Warrior said:
I'd already tried it from the outside and assumed that the marks must of been on the inside
Most of the scratches will be on the outside where the second roof spar pushes into the screen as the hood folds:

If your screen is badly scratched (ie if you can feel them with your finger nail) no amount of polishing will remove them.
Sadly the only the thing to do to get rid of those marks is to replace the screen
You may get a better result with Autoglym SRP which has a slight filler effect on the deeper marks.
What you should notice with either product is that the rest of the screen is much cleaner and a lot less hazy.

Our screen was scratched at purchase, the former owner having neglected to use their BMW window blanket #-o
However, we don't notice it any more, especially when the hood is open :D
Cheers Titan,

The scratch is quite severe but i'll give it another go from the outside...3rd time lucky and all that... :coolsteer)

SilverZed

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Undo the 2 clips inside push up and the mark is no longer visible. :-BD

I had a new screen put in mine a few weeks ago and the first time I put the roof down without clarting on putting a bloody blanket on the roof the mark was immediately created again!!

Nowhere near as bad of course but to be honest I'd rather live with a slight scuff mark there than tit around getting out and farting around with a blanket every time I put the top down. I do the blanket thing if the top is going to be down all day from the outset but I don't bother if I'm already out and about and the the top needs to go down on a whim at some traffic lights cos the weather suddenly brightens up.

Other option is to sell up and buy a Z4 :)) :)) :))

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I have the blanket from BMW but hardly use it as I generally don't even stop to put the roof up and down.

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
How the he!! Do you put the roof up and down when you are driving?

You must be double jointed to get it up when driving.

( and I don't want any sexist remarks on that ) ;)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Warrior said:

I'd already tried it from the outside and assumed that the marks must of been on the inside, but the results were no better.

Has anybody had good results with this stuff?

Where can one acquire the services of a midget to get past the headrests and at the inside of the window more easily? :p
Until a genie appeared!!! ;)
Then you could wish that the mark would disappear :D