Wanted M54 B 2.2 inlet mainfold with DISA

It will be interesting to see the results of this mod on a 2.0L. As standard, it uses the same size intake, exhaust and disa as the 2.8 (TU), so you would think it would already be maxed out airflow wise.

@Sean d - the part numbers for the 3.0L are 11617525753 - intake 11617544805 - Disa.

@Murray Wall has also done it and put some figures up
 
I feel a project coming on ;)
 
It will be interesting to see the results of this mod on a 2.0L. As standard, it uses the same size intake, exhaust and disa as the 2.8 (TU), so you would think it would already be maxed out airflow wise.

Number as collected with TestO dataloging on a M52TUB20 are in post 26 of https://zroadster.org/threads/fitting-a-m54-inlet-manifold.19042/page-2#post-321278

The car accelerate better once you get to around 3,000 rpm. Is if the larger DISA and resonant tube? Maybe its the larger and shorter runners? I don't know but it makes a difference when I knock it down a cog and pass a car.
 
Thanks Murray / Sean, I remember that thread now, definitely a mod for the future.
 
It will be interesting to see the results of this mod on a 2.0L. As standard, it uses the same size intake, exhaust and disa as the 2.8 (TU), so you would think it would already be maxed out airflow wise.

@Sean d - the part numbers for the 3.0L are 11617525753 - intake 11617544805 - Disa.
Thanks for that pal, do you have the part numbers for the 2.5 as thats the likely route for me
 
on the subject off parts numbers ,iff any one intrested in m54b30 manifold conversion parts no are,
Manifold 7523291
Disa 7502275
Jimmy.
 
I have fitted the M54B25 on my 2.8 M52tu. It has a bigger DISA and it does indeed have the full D shaped ports.

22650531505_d7d186b26a_k.jpg



It has made a big difference to my car, however I bought it not knowing the full details for my particular engine, so I have now bought the M54B3.0 manifold, which has an even bigger DISA.

When I get round to fitting it, I will be selling the M54B25 version and throttle body adaptor.
If you are interested at the time I will get in touch
probably be when the weather starts warming up a bit though.
Hi @gookah , have you fitted the M54B30 yet
 
Hi Sean
It's imminent..
Just waiting for the weather to warm a bit and get some time
I did G8JKA's Vanos last weekend and also changed my oil filter manifold gasket as it started dripping quite badly (now fixed).
I want to do my vanos next and then the manifold. I would think about another month and it should be clear. of it
You have first dibbs anyway..
 
Back
Top