Loss of power

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
:coolsteer)Hi guys driving the car this morning put my foot on the power ( it's a auto ) and no power for couple of seconds this has happend two times now in a couple of months

Steve

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Hi Steve, my mate had this problem with his Merc. Was that his auto box was weeping oil.
I would check that first if I was you.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Did the engine revs rise but no extra forward momentum, as Mike says could be the box. It might be time to give the auto box a good service and change the oil and filter usually works wonders on auto boxes.

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
No just going a long put my foot down a bit no response for 3 to 5 seconds thanks

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I had a similar problem with my 2000 2.0 Auto last year. It turned out to be the inlet cam sensor. But this was on starting when the engine was Luke warm. Ok from cold.

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
2 years ago had the gearbox gadget done and changed the filter

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
whats your mileage mr-p?

I would be more inclined to check cam inlet sensor first...as its a much cheaper fix than a new auto box..I too have an auto and would be surprised if its failing at anything less than 100k...and hardtop is running at higher mileage than that with no issue's..

might also be worth hooking it up to see if its throwing any codes as there could be at least a couple of other reasons for this..i'm not sure about on our cars and I think it is definitely not the case on pre facelift models but I read somewhere that the transmission is adaptive so you could try a reset as well....?

basically exhaust all other possibilities before facing the prospect of an expensive rebuild or replacement...

good luck and I would be really interested to know what you discover..

Hammers

Dedicated Member
The M44 Massive
Hi Joey hooked it up and it said the code for the cam shaft sensor so I have wiped it and see if it happens again thanks steve

Mr-P

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Sold Z3M
whats your mileage mr-p?

I would be more inclined to check cam inlet sensor first...as its a much cheaper fix than a new auto box..I too have an auto and would be surprised if its failing at anything less than 100k...and hardtop is running at higher mileage than that with no issue's..

might also be worth hooking it up to see if its throwing any codes as there could be at least a couple of other reasons for this..i'm not sure about on our cars and I think it is definitely not the case on pre facelift models but I read somewhere that the transmission is adaptive so you could try a reset as well....?

basically exhaust all other possibilities before facing the prospect of an expensive rebuild or replacement...

good luck and I would be really interested to know what you discover..
Joey not me who has the problem its Hammers, also M's don't have auto boxes;)

joey

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 16v M44
Ah..

Sorry sir..skimmed rather than read the thread..

An M would eat one of our autobox's as a light starter!..