Loss of a Z3

B

bonzo

I saw on the local news that a Z3 was destroyed in an arson attack in Norwich last night. It was stored in a wooden garage that was completely burnt out.. The fire actually reached the house, but the fire brigade managed to put it out before too much damage had been done, and thankfully no one was hurt.

A car is only a car, but kept in a garage it was probably much loved, as all our Z's are. It's owner could be a member of the forums, who knows.
I'm sure you will agree that our collective sympathies go out to whoever are the victims of this senseless act.

Bonzo.

Woody100

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Just took my car out the garage and parked it on the road, it's obviously not an M so not worthy of a cosy pad. Going to put the wife's Citroen in there in a minute.

B

bonzo

It was an ass lifted Z3 that was destroyed in the fire.

Zelda resides in a garage.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Does it really matter, someone lost something they were proud enough of to keep it sheltered. One less Zed on the road that died a horrific death. Luckily it was the only fatality. Wish I had a garage for my princess but she sits on the drive proudly for all to see.

aspron

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Bit of a shame the Z was lost. My Z stays in a garage at night but only because it is a condition of the insurance!
Far better left out and ready for use at any time.
Steve.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Bit of a shame the Z was lost. My Z stays in a garage at night but only because it is a condition of the insurance!
Far better left out and ready for use at any time.
Steve.
Hi from Canada, do they really dictate that you have to park in your garage. Interesting concept. How does it affect your rates?? JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I had that condition imposed by a previous insurer too Jim. My car had to be garaged between the hours of 10.00 PM and 6.00 PM. This was at home,ie not parked out on the drive. If I was away somewhere, on holiday or such it wasn't necessary. .??

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Our poor Z is kept on the drive along with the other ,car , she likes to be out and not shut up , I can look at her whilst looking at the TV to make sure she is safe , ;)
We're not far from Norwich only 20 miles but missed the news last night , what a horrid shock for the owner of the Z :(

robertjones

I had that condition imposed by a previous insurer too Jim. My car had to be garaged between the hours of 10.00 PM and 6.00 PM. This was at home,ie not parked out on the drive. If I was away somewhere, on holiday or such it wasn't necessary. .??
i have the same on my insurance, also, when i changed to a newer model, now told that car has to be put in garage during the day , if parked at home and not in use, absolutely ridiculous, so you pay for theft cover , then find its not covered unless its locked away in a garage have to accept it for this year otherwise will have to pay twice

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Very strange to read that.
It only applies to trades men with a van full of tools over here, leave the tools in the van and it has to be parked in a garage over night, otherwise you have to remove all the contents every time you park up after work!! My mate had his (large) van full of expensive kit stolen from outside his house, cost him a fortune to replace it.
As for my Z, I told them that I have a hardtop and they were very happy with that!!
Makes you wonder sometimes.......

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I think that the soft top is the main issues with the insurers to be honest Mike. Stanley knife = easy entry.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Yes it is Tony but having a hardtop, I received a lower quote!!
That reminds me, a few years ago I was asking for quotes for the storage of "A BMW Z3 Hardtop"
Every quote/e.mail I got back said "Sorry, we don't store cars"........:bashhead:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
It's no good knocking when there's no body in eh?:)

Fender2004

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Some insurance companies are giving cheaper quotes to have the car NOT in a garage, because of all the claims from people who have dropped something on there car and made a claim for the damage.