Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hi Steve,

I have a 2.8 with a clunky noise on changing gears on low revs, How could be eliminated?
I fitted an extended clutch pedal stop from eBay which simply reduces clutch pedal travel. It doesn't completely eliminate it but vastly reduces the clunk.
Also check the diff bush,@Antm72 changed his for a poly bush and was impressed with the improvement.

Steve

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Welcome @Steve Medlock !
Whatever will be your options for the engine, regarding the legs room and tall guy fitting in, you will never get a better roadster than Z3! So adapt your self and welcome in the family!
@Bozzy please detail the clutch pedal stop (maybe in separate thread!), as I always concerned about the too long and unnecessary pedal's travel!
Dan

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I fitted an extended clutch pedal stop from eBay which simply reduces clutch pedal travel. It doesn't completely eliminate it but vastly reduces the clunk.
Also check the diff bush,@Antm72 changed his for a poly bush and was impressed with the improvement.

Steve
I have the diff bush ready to fit and i'm going to order a clutch pedal stop next week. Mine does suffer from the "clunk" so I'll report back when are fitted.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I have the diff bush ready to fit and i'm going to order a clutch pedal stop next week. Mine does suffer from the "clunk" so I'll report back when are fitted.
@Grumpy can this be done in situ or has the diff got to come out?

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
@Grumpy can this be done in situ or has the diff got to come out?
I'm no mecanic Noddy, I tend to use a certain franchise brand. Is this the BBC? Ooh no its not, Zed shed midlands Ltd! I was shown by @Antm72 and no you don't need to remove the diff. Think it's just a single bolt running through the middle of the bush, back it off remove the old one and push the new one in.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hello from Truro

Steve Medlock

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I'll take some more photos soon. It does need some work - few rust spots and desperate for a wheel alignment (booked for Friday). I've just taken some spacers off the rear as I didn't think they added anything. Mods I've discovered so far are Stainless exhaust, shorter springs all round, supersport struts on the front (rear shocks might be standard) Stainless brace across front turrets, angel eye lights at front.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
@Steve Medlock see your in Sittingbourne, got my Zed not that far from you about 20 miles away in Cranbrook.

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Man you are fast!
Great car, great color!
Enjoy it!
PS: had you the tramling experience or is just a wheel alignment that is really necessary?

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I really like the look of that @Steve Medlock. I think those back wheels sit spot on, fill the arches nicely. Ooh loving the quad pipes!

Si

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0Si sport
Hey well done, it was good to meet you last week, glad you found the one for you.

Last edited: