Wanted Looking for a few bits

EdCoates

Looking for the following for my topaz blue pre facelift 2000 2.8 Z3

-Front side light for near side, maybe both sides if shaded ones are available 🤔

-Rear window for roadster in good condition as mine is very faded and scratched so visibility is very poor

-Orange indicator side repeater lenses/units (not too sure how they are put together and if you can swap the bulb and the lens separately)

-cigarette lighter, previous owner ran it over and it's squished

That's all I can think of at the moment but thank you all in advance 😊

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
Some plastic polisher, time and elbow grease could improve your rear window but if it’s too far gone new ones from bmw are pricey about half the price of a new complete roof from Jack Trimmers in Swansea for about £400 fitted. There’s a non oem type https://cristal-cabriolet.fr/en/bmw...0-rear-screen-bmw-z3-cabriolet-1996-2002.html but I can’t comment on the quality. Also where your zipper attaches to your roof needs to be in great condition as the roof fabrics could be rotting there and you might find the zip pulling away from your roof when trying to attach a new one under the tension applied.

@spurs fan in a coupe may be able to help with all the parts you want though.

EdCoates

Thanks @Althulas

@EdCoates yes you can easily change just the 501 bulb in the side indicator - I have the lense if needed. I can do the cigar lighter too
This is my car and re-looking at it I already have orange side repeaters so they wouldn't be needed, sorry for that, I'm probably thinking of the front side lights below the headlights, what would be a rough price for cigarette lighter posted? Cheers
1000002646.png

Peter1450

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
Always thought the later cars had clear front indicators and side repeaters 🤷‍♂️

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Always thought the later cars had clear front indicators and side repeaters 🤷‍♂️
Early facelift were orange. Clear ones appeared with the arrival of the 2.2 & 3.0 engines. M models always had clear lights. (UK market).

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Genuine clear lense in a,pre face-lift model belongs to a select few as said uk M models always had clear lenses but a couple of the factory issued individual models like the Orinoco and the Fiji also came factory fitted with clear lense on a pre face-lift rest all orange.
If its a face-lift model you have with a 2.8 its a M52b286s2 or a M52TU engine the twin vanos updated engine of the original pre face-lift 2.8 unit and some would say bar the m the best engine to ever go in a pre face-lift
So your was only fitted to the last of the pre face-lift and early face-lift model before the later 2.0 2.2 and 3.0 models were introduced.
Stephen.