Status
Not open for further replies.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
@Gemini Events has tried a lot of hotels but there are problems due to the fact that Saturday has events at the conference centre mean that the hotels will not allocate or reserve rooms for us! Also getting hotels in London with Parking at reasonable rates is proving difficult. So Amelia has said that we should try the TRIVAGO web site and get the best rate that we can. I have looked as well and had the same response unless we want a trip in from outside London so currently am looking at what we can do coming in to Greenwich park from somewhere Kent way and have a request out for hotels to contact me with a rate identified as £65 max we will see what comes back to us.

Other suggestions are welcome please

kmc23w

Slightly Dog-eared
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
None, but a fast BMW bike instead!
Holiday Inn Bexley....75-80 Sovs

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I will call them on Monday to see if we can also get a group code and maybe rate confirmation or deal. Thanks @kmc23w I am up against things at the moment deadline for OU stuff AGAIN! also thinking of there Dartford holiday inn express which is 27 mins but includes Breakfast for £70 ish

I also have a funeral to go to Monday but should be able to make contact with those two on Monday.

Have you booked the the Saturday?

So far I have not booked either days Hotel I hope to on Monday.

kmc23w

Slightly Dog-eared
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
I will call them on Monday to see if we can also get a group code and maybe rate confirmation or deal. Thanks @kmc23w I am up against things at the moment deadline for OU stuff AGAIN! also thinking of there Dartford holiday inn express which is 27 mins but includes Breakfast for £70 ish

I also have a funeral to go to Monday but should be able to make contact with those two on Monday.

Have you booked the the Saturday?

So far I have not booked either days Hotel I hope to on Monday.
Yes D, I have booked, but it is a flex rate so np

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I have been join touch with the Holiday Inn Bexley and they have come up with a number of options which include grabbing whatever deals we can on the open market to taking a guaranteed rate up to the end of April. So as of today when I was looking we can get a double room from £73 which does not include breakfast (which costs £16.95 per person on the day or I think £11 when you arrive) or if there are two of you you can take the flexible, hence cancellable, deal including Breakfast for £90 which is a saving of £18 with two breakfasts. The lady will be emailing me either tomorrow or over the weekend with a link we can use. The price I quoted of £73 was on the Holiday Inn web site but we can book through any other offers out there as well. @Gemini Events this would appear to assist, and thanks @kmc23w .

By the way the parking after the accommodation discount works out at £3 per night additional.

Are people up for making this the establishment we try and use?

Last edited:

kmc23w

Slightly Dog-eared
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Hi Duncan, done a visit to our relatives this weekend and its looking likely that they intend moving from London
soon so just in case i thought it best for us to reserve a room. Its only a 2 star, but its only one night so i have
just reserved a room in a hotel called The Queens which is south of the Thames and about a 20min. drive
to Greenwich. The price is what attracted me, its £55 for a double, £6 for a breakfast. And this is
the flexi rate so cancellation up to the 28th May. This will be for the Saturday night May 30th.
They still have availability if anyone is interested. Looks like there is some parking too.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I finally got an answer from the Holiday Inn Bexley so here is the link to be able to Book direct online at the rate they have quoted us. DO not forget that if you can get it cheeper elsewhere that is OK too.
London to Brighton Sat Hotel

At present they are holding 10 rooms for us, these are standard double bedrooms. If guests prefer smoking, family, accessible or twin rooms we can allocate these if available at the time of booking. If you are aware of a certain room type that needs to be booked, please do let them know and they will ensure this is booked for you in advance.

Once these rooms have all been allocated they can add further rooms subject to availability.

The rates are as follows and apply for booking 10 rooms:

£90.00 single/double occupancy bed and breakfast rate per night per room
£25 supplement per extra adult (a family room can accommodate a maximum of 4)
£25 executive room supplement

Please ensure that you visit the group code link above and select the 30th May 2015 to ensure you book on the correct rate.

If all of the rooms are not booked from the group then they will release the remaining rooms 1 month prior to the arrival date - 30th April 2015. If guests would like to book after this time then the best available rate will be offered.

Although discounted rates are offered to group bookings, we cannot always guarantee that it is the lowest available rate on offer. Please do make your guests aware that there are advance rates available also which may be cheaper, although these rates are paid in advance and are non-refundable.

Group bookings guarantee the rooms are available at the pre-agreed rate for your guests on the dates that you want them, even when the hotel is busy and we are selling at higher rates.

Check in time is ordinarily after 2pm, as we don’t ask guests to check out before 12 noon. It is understood that some guests may require early check ins, and although this cannot be guaranteed the hotel will do its utmost to allocate alternative rooms or one changing room for guests until their overnight accommodation is ready.

The hotel has a 4pm-cancellation deadline for individual bookings and guests will be charged for non-arrivals and late cancellations. At the time of booking guests will be asked for card details to secure their booking. Payment is then taken on departure.

For booking for more than 1 night - Please be advised that hotel operates early departure fee – guests are asked to check and confirm the details of the stay on check-in and all changes can be made then only, therefore if guest departs earlier than the date states in the booking a £50.00 charge will apply. (this is incase anyone want to do Friday and Saturday to have the whole of Saturday in London

Car parking is chargeable at £3 per night for guests.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I have just used the link and booked the room for Saturday night at Bexley so that is @kmc23w and I at the Holiday Inn I think do not forget if we sort another one we can change. (that is incase @zedwheels option works out in numbers)

I have just changed my booking to Join ZedWheels as it is cheaper! @kmc23w

Last edited:

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Holiday Inn at Bexley Heath is a good hotel, I sometimes stay there when I'm at our London office.

It used to be a pub called The Black Prince and back in the 1960's it used to be a music venue for local bands. Think I read somewhere that The Rolling Stones, John Mayalls Blues Breakers including a young Eric Clapton in the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.