Lewis Benson
Newbie
- Joined
- Jul 20, 2026
- Points
- 3
This seems a great idea - not only to share with others, but to keep track for myself!
I bought my Z4 in December 2025 and, having no history with it, gave it a full service including gearbox and differential oil changes.
I found the back end to be particularly twitchy, so replaced the old Michelin Pilot Sport 5s for some new ones.
That did improve things somewhat, but replacing the worn rear trailing arm bushes for some Powerflex ones and replacing the upper and low hub bushes improved the handling dramatically especially after I had a four-wheel alignment carried out.
Not long after, I had a couple of overheating issues; so had the water pump, drive belt, thermostat, radiator and expansion tank replaced which soon solved it.
Now it was driving perfectly, I could address cosmetic and not-so-important things like replacement badges, cup holders, aircon re-gas, boot struts, headlamp polish, wheel refurb and a sound generator.
Last month, I gave it another oil service and next month I plan on driving to Denmark (any suggestions on nice driving roads in Denmark would be appreciated!).
Things left to do:
I bought my Z4 in December 2025 and, having no history with it, gave it a full service including gearbox and differential oil changes.
I found the back end to be particularly twitchy, so replaced the old Michelin Pilot Sport 5s for some new ones.
That did improve things somewhat, but replacing the worn rear trailing arm bushes for some Powerflex ones and replacing the upper and low hub bushes improved the handling dramatically especially after I had a four-wheel alignment carried out.
Not long after, I had a couple of overheating issues; so had the water pump, drive belt, thermostat, radiator and expansion tank replaced which soon solved it.
Now it was driving perfectly, I could address cosmetic and not-so-important things like replacement badges, cup holders, aircon re-gas, boot struts, headlamp polish, wheel refurb and a sound generator.
Last month, I gave it another oil service and next month I plan on driving to Denmark (any suggestions on nice driving roads in Denmark would be appreciated!).
Things left to do:
- The roof was a little lazy and, in an attempt to fix it, it now doesn't work at all!
- Front bumper need respraying or replacing.
- I would like red Sport seats when funds permit.
- Replacement windscreen surround.
- The NS electric mirror has stopped working.