Left hand side lights

antodeco

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Hi all,
All my lights work bar my left hand side rear light, left hand side front light, left handside running light and internal light (brakes, indicator, reverse all work fine on both sides).

However, the only way to get them to work is to have no key in the ignition, light switch on and indicator stalk to the right, then all lights work fine.

It's not the parking lights, as left work when stalk to the right. They don't work if the engine is on no matter what setting. Internal light only works with the above sequence too.

Any ideas or suggestions what could be causing it?

Thanks

antodeco

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Problem solved: Turns out it was the trunk/boot light tripping fuse 33, which is on the same circuit as those lights! Looks to be working now after replacing the trunk/boot bulb!

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
Have u checked the boot loom for breaks in the wires? Just thinking about what might have caused the boot light to trip the fuse

antodeco

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Have u checked the boot loom for breaks in the wires? Just thinking about what might have caused the boot light to trip the fuse
Ah think it might have just been a dodgy bulb but absolutely take your advice on board. I'll see if it happens again and if so, the loom of doom awaits!

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
I only mention cos I had similar. Previous owner had removed boot bulb but when I reinstated, it started tripping my central locking fuse (could only unlock car using key). Repaired loom and everything back to normal.