Lanoguard

D R Oldfield

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
I seem to be getting a lot of adverts for a product called Lanoguard underbody sealant , it looks impressive , has any one got any experience of using it and is it any good ?

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
I have used it, and yes It works, beach driven trucks mostly, it does tend to pick up sand, so I guess road grime too...looks real pretty fresh on..Don't get it on your garage floor though.. :thumbsup:

Soluble oil works nearly as well, mixed in the right proportions, with the advantage of not smelling like wet sheep for a few days...=))

Also used fisholene/ fishoil with good outcomes, but the deodorised stuff for the same reason as mentioned above..

Last edited:

Garsington

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
IMG_3204.jpeg

I’ve used it on my jap import coupe before it even saw uk roads, just topped up after 3 years at Xmas and am very pleased with the results so far, no sign of any corrosion at all.

D R Oldfield

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
That looks good is there any special preparation needed before application or is it just a pressure wash off and the apply ?

Garsington

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
Was just that, a quick whizz over with jet wash (I actually used my patio cleaner upside down) let it dry then apply lanoguard. You need to put it in a bucket of hot water for 20 mins before applying, but goes on very easily and doesn’t take long to apply either. Nice that it’s clear unlike traditional waxoyle.

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
Was just that, a quick whizz over with jet wash (I actually used my patio cleaner upside down) let it dry then apply lanoguard. You need to put it in a bucket of hot water for 20 mins before applying, but goes on very easily and doesn’t take long to apply either. Nice that it’s clear unlike traditional waxoyle.
Does it smell, or have they done something about that ?...

Garsington

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
There is a bit of an aroma of wet sheep, but not as bad as some would have you believe. This goes after it dries though.

TriumphZ3

Dedicated Member
Like any underbody treatment, the cleaner you can get the underside the better it will be. Loose rust, dirt, mud etc, get it all off otherwise the Lanoguard will drop off with the mud. Lanoguard is easy to apply but it merely coats the components with a wet-look finish to keep moisture away, and doesn't treat the existing rust. I used it on my Z3 but in any area there was likely to be serious corrosion I used Waxoyl or brush-on Jenolite first, and filled any cavities in the underside with Waxoyl aerosol.
IMG_6436.jpeg