Just had a scare(Z Related)

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I was trying a new battery from my son on my works estate which is parked next to the garage.
I put the battery on, started the deisel engine and it was fine, so i stopped the engine and closed the bonnet, what i didnt know was the new battery was a bit higher and when i started it up the second time there was piles of black smoke comimg from under the bonnet.
I tried to open the bonnet which had now welded itself to the live terminal and my immediate thought was my M was right next to it. I managed to wrench to bonnet up and disconnect the battery, i was lucky as only the black covering on the wires had melted and i taped it all back up x_x L-)

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Hornel, next time, stay off the Welsh whisky before attempting DIY....... :))

:baa :beer

B

badman gee

HornelZ3M said:
I was trying a new battery from my son on my works estate which is parked next to the garage.
I put the battery on, started the deisel engine and it was fine, so i stopped the engine and closed the bonnet, what i didnt know was the new battery was a bit higher and when i started it up the second time there was piles of black smoke comimg from under the bonnet.
I tried to open the bonnet which had now welded itself to the live terminal and my immediate thought was my M was right next to it. I managed to wrench to bonnet up and disconnect the battery, i was lucky as only the black covering on the wires had melted and i taped it all back up x_x L-)
glad ure ok, and the m is as well mate :D

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
could have turned out a lot worse Paul... glad your ok

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Cheers guys, it was very scarey, especially when i couldnt get the bonnet up . Its surprising how many things goes through your mind when there is smoke pouring out. Like My M :-o All sorted now anyway. :-^

B

badman gee

HornelZ3M said:
Cheers guys, it was very scarey, especially when i couldnt get the bonnet up . Its surprising how many things goes through your mind when there is smoke pouring out. Like My M :-o All sorted now anyway. :-^
You love that more than life itself.

:D

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
You are right there Mark ;) I should have been more concerned with my works vehicle, but was i [-x

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
That sounds horrific, Paul. I bet you didn't have a fire extinguisher handy?? Did you. #:-s
You don't want your M to be TOO hot to handle :-ss or with new orange peel effect paintwork ~x(

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
HornelZ3M said:
EnthuZiaZT said:
I bet you didn't have a fire extinguisher handy?? Did you. #:-s
I had one in the M but its fitted tidy so didnt want to rip that out 8-|
Close call then, I'd say. Better to keep to shorter batteries, but I've never thought, when I bought one whether it's taller or not. :-??

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Blimey Paul, glad you are OK, #:-s

Car batteries can be nasty things at times, I never like touching them which is why I love the CTEK charger on the Zed as don't need to touch the battery except come replacement time :|

Tim.