Just Had A cat&dogs Down Pour ......

JON

The sky just ripped open , I have just gone to pick the missus up , and noticed .
Water on the drivers carpet , traced it back to a small pot behind the drivers door a small perfectly form water feature was discovered.
I would imagine it's the drain hole , can anyone tell me where to prod the curtain wire ?

cheers JON

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
I think there are 3 drain holes under the door outer edge. The water has been known to run down the vapour barrier behind the door card and if it isn't sealed fully can find it's way into the car. this happened on ours on the passenger side and soaked the foam under the carpet.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
If it is not the the drain holes @Brian4 is suggesting there are 2 drain channels behind the passenger and drivers seats as pictured below, they are so difficult to see properly with the roof in the way I cannot tell you where the hole is. @spurs fan in a coupe is breaking a zed at the moment, perhaps he could take a pic of this area to clarify where the actual drain is?

JON

If it is not the the drain holes @Brian4 is suggesting there are 2 drain channels behind the passenger and drivers seats as pictured below, they are so difficult to see properly with the roof in the way I cannot tell you where the hole is. @spurs fan in a coupe is breaking a zed at the moment, perhaps he could take a pic of this area to clarify where the actual drain is?

That's my water feature , it was running over the edge of this ....... I'll get the strong glasses , and be big light and see if I can find it

Cheers Brian 4 /H for your help

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader

I'll certainly try!

I'll pop out later and snap what I see!
Cheers

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Well, I thought I best go and take some snaps before I forget!

Not too sure what I was looking for, so I will state where the picture is on the car, they you can always ask for a better picture tomorrow!

Cheers

Hope it helps?!?!?!

:confused:

Inside door (passengers side (drivers is against wall, but can take if you want)

under side by door to body crease/latch by sill

Under kick plate

Under kick plate and rear part of carpet

Front part of carpet lifted (pain to remove!)

Inside of door latch striker plate

Top side of door latch area and roof folding section

Seat belt mount area

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Thanks Spurs, I was hoping to get a shot in the roof drain area

It looks like you still have the roof on the shell so it will be quite difficult. Thanks for trying anyway.