just filled the M up

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
saved £3.65 at the pump with a token.............then did a 30 mile round trip to get home :))
swampet just pointed out to me it would have been cheaper to go the the dearest service station localy 8-}
no i say its cruel just to start her up for a couple of miles....may need to go and get my discount again shortly :ymdevil:

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
im addicted to that sound it makes over 5000 revs :ymdevil: did bounce of the rev limiter one tho :-$
this addiction costs :ymdaydream:

:)) @DD

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Swamp what fuel do you put in her?

I find Tesco Momentum99 is best... mine pulls the hardest with that :coolsteer)

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
thats what i put it....it loves it :coolsteer)
spend 60 quid on shopping and get 10p a liter off......then go and use it up :-^

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Dont trust supermarket petrol
Shell V tec for me :)

Marlene used supermarket diesel in her car and
it kept showing up a fuel problem
on the dash, Mechanic said common problem, supermarkets
leave out an additive, its ok now after a dose of good diesel

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
but this is northern hard tescos... :))

r37

Dedicated Member
momentum 99 isnt ''premium'' unleaded, its the normal 95 octane stuff with 5% biofuel (ethanol) and that brings the octane up to 97. If you look on the handle it doesnt say anything about bieng 99 octane and the law allowes up to 5% biofuel with no mention of it on the pump so its all above board and legal. However since morrisons dont do premium and sainsburys super is still only 97 octane its what i use in my 2.8, BP ultimate and shell V power are ''true'' 99 octane fuels and are much better than supermarket fuel, but at an extra 10p/litre over momentum 99 i cant justify paying an extra £3 a tank for a minimal difference. Plus the vouchers from tescos tend to add up to a few quid every month.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Ive had my M since November and only ever run it on shell v power thinking it was the best fuel..
But last week I filled it up with tesco momentum99 and it definately pulls harder.. ? It can't be that bad + it's cheaper...

Frank.A

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Facelift
The amount of ethanol in supermarket fuel is supposed to be 5% although some are known to have already increased the amount to 10% in line with expected new government legislation.BP and Shell already add 10% ethanol in the USA and Australia but I can't find any admission of their using it in the UK.

Some additive firms are already on the band wagon selling anti ethanol potions although Shell Australia says any adverse effects on modern engine fuel systems are a myth.

r37

Dedicated Member
the octane rating has nothing to do with power output (directly anyway), just means that high compression engines like the m can burn more fuel without engine knocking. If the engine was designed with a 97 octane fuel in mind then thats what it will run best on, anything over that will have minimal differance. Ive tried most of the premium fuels out there and found the tesco stuff to be the best too. Maybe it has some additives that BMW engines like more over BP and shell. As far as the ethanol in fuel goes a 5% blend will hardly have any effect on plastic components that cant be put down to fair wear and tear.

DangerousDave

Dedicated Member
Just for info, S50 can use 95 occasionally and 97 as normal fuel.

The S54 must use 98 or higher.

I use Shell V-Power in my S50. It seems to work :D .

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I use the 97 in the S50 from sainsburys which seems to run without issue. anything lower and it doesn't like it

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
MAURICE THE MARTIAN said:
Hope you didnt leave your dream machine :coolsteer) unattended in the car park
:ymalien:
err ...no :coolsteer)