Just a girl from Long Island…

Z3Baddie

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L ROADSTER
”Just a girl and her Z tryna make it like the rest of us.“
I’m twenty seven, born and raised on Long Island in New York. My dad ran his own auto shop for majority of my childhood, a good handful of decades for him. Still slightly deaf from all those years around air compressors, power tools and engines! I’m grateful for the career path he chose because it primed me for what would become my own passion.
I currently work for (insert big chain auto parts company here) in automotive retail, service and sales. I bought my 1998 2.8L Z3 Roadster from a police officer back in 2019 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I only have one gentleman I met through work in my neighborhood with a Z so I’m eager and happy to involve myself in a community with many more like-minded & like-vehicle individuals for advice and input! Thanks for reading ✨🖤💚

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi and welcome from me too near Lincoln, UK. Currently in Marathon, Florida Keys.

Tony.

Z3Baddie

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L ROADSTER
Welcome, nice you got a 2.8 let's see a pic or two 😊
Thank you so much everyone! Such a warm welcome! ✨💕 Much appreciated!
Due to unforeseen circumstances it sat for almost two years. I’m bringing it back though! This is a great way to document the process. It‘ll be a daily driver but I have intentions of making it a drift car down the line. I’d give it a wash first, but it’s on dirt right now. So until I got him moved, the engine, electronics and interior have been my main priorities. I appreciate any advice/tips you have for bringing back a sitting Z. All critism will be taken constructively! Take a look see at my project and feel free to check in! Hopefully it looks better every time you do!🙃

Attachments

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Thank you so much everyone! Such a warm welcome! ✨💕 Much appreciated!
Due to unforeseen circumstances it sat for almost two years. I’m bringing it back though! This is a great way to document the process. It‘ll be a daily driver but I have intentions of making it a drift car down the line. I’d give it a wash first, but it’s on dirt right now. So until I got him moved, the engine, electronics and interior have been my main priorities. I appreciate any advice/tips you have for bringing back a sitting Z. All critism will be taken constructively! Take a look see at my project and feel free to check in! Hopefully it looks better every time you do!🙃
If you pop a thread in here it's easier and cleaner to follow :thumbsup:

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
”Just a girl and her Z tryna make it like the rest of us.“
I’m twenty seven, born and raised on Long Island in New York. My dad ran his own auto shop for majority of my childhood, a good handful of decades for him. Still slightly deaf from all those years around air compressors, power tools and engines! I’m grateful for the career path he chose because it primed me for what would become my own passion.
I currently work for (insert big chain auto parts company here) in automotive retail, service and sales. I bought my 1998 2.8L Z3 Roadster from a police officer back in 2019 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I only have one gentleman I met through work in my neighborhood with a Z so I’m eager and happy to involve myself in a community with many more like-minded & like-vehicle individuals for advice and input! Thanks for reading ✨🖤💚
Hi and welcome to the forum! 👋🏻

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Hi from South Wales UK, looking forward to watching your progress.

Z3Baddie

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L ROADSTER
If you pop a thread in here it's easier and cleaner to follow :thumbsup:

Yes, thank you! I’ll create a thread solely focused on the car and it’s progress. That way anyone interested can watch, and anyone with advice can help me along as I go. Thank you much! ✌🏻Very excited!

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Yes, thank you! I’ll create a thread solely focused on the car and it’s progress. That way anyone interested can watch, and anyone with advice can help me along as I go. Thank you much! ✌🏻Very excited!
:thumbsup:

Fender2004

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Welcome, it looks a great car to start out with and I’m sure you can improve it. There’s no rush just when time and money allow.

Z3Baddie

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 L ROADSTER
I’ve posted in the progress section for anyone interested in following along! Peace and love, thanks!✨

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:welcome:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Hi and :welcome: to the forum from me too, across the pond in Stafford, England. Will follow your progress thread with interest :thumbsup: