iPhone - Constantly having to sign in...

Barry78

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 M Sport
Is there a way round this? It's doing my napper in.

Whenever i get an email notifying me of new threads in watched forums, conversations or basically any notification i then have to sign in everytime in order to respond even though i click the 'stay signed in' checkbox.

iPhone 4s using safari.

Any ideas/solutions etc?

Cheers,

Barry.

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
Have you ticked the "remember me" box when you sign in? I am on here with my iPad and iPhone and don't have any problem when I close the browser and then go back.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi Barry, I mainly use either an iPad or an iPhone 7 with Safari and not had this I'm afraid, although I think others have seen it before. I'm guessing there is some setting somewhere which is stopping it from being retained.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hi, I only have an iPhone and also have had this problem a few times but it's always straightened itself out if I undo the remember me and recheck it. HTH. JIM

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Try the following:
1. Double click the main button on your iPhone and clear the open pages in the background.
2. Go into Safari and tap the double square at the bottom right of screen. Close all open pages.
3. Re-open ZRoadster and enter credentials - check the remember me box and log in.

I hope it works!

Barry78

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 M Sport
Try the following:
1. Double click the main button on your iPhone and clear the open pages in the background.
2. Go into Safari and tap the double square at the bottom right of screen. Close all open pages.
3. Re-open ZRoadster and enter credentials - check the remember me box and log in.

I hope it works!
Thanks everyone.

Ok, done that David. Will wait for next email notification. Every time I follow a link from a notification email it opens a new page within safari so I always have a about a dozen safari pages all open at the same time.

Will report back.

Barry78

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 M Sport
Just recieved a new notification for the for sale section and would have had to sign in if I wanted to comment. Then when I came back to this page (still open within safari) I had to sign in yet again!

Puzzler!

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
Just recieved a new notification for the for sale section and would have had to sign in if I wanted to comment. Then when I came back to this page (still open within safari) I had to sign in yet again!

Puzzler!
I never follow the link in the email. I just go to the site on the safari page I already have open, refresh the page and then click on the red flag notification to go to the thread it refers to.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I've got the Zorg app on my Samsung Galaxy, when I get a notification it comes up as a Zorg one and I just click on the app and straight in.

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
You could also try deactivating notifications.

Barry78

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 M Sport
Just refreshed the page and had to sign in again.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Sounds like possibly a cookies issue (the little files that get dumped on your phone that tracks stuff). Got itself all knotted up by the sounds of it.
Having tried the solutions above, try and force a reset in the respective cookies. Log out of Zroadster, close the window and browser (double click the home button and then drag the browser window upwards) and then open Safari and then log back in again using the remember me option.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Not sure you can strip out cookies on an iphone android you can but i had this problem on a iphone with the data it contantained and struggled .
Saying that it was an iphone4 things may have moved on but apple has a habit of not allowing the simple things :mad:

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Not sure you can strip out cookies on an iphone android you can but i had this problem on a iphone with the data it contantained and struggled .
Saying that it was an iphone4 things may have moved on but apple has a habit of not allowing the simple things :mad:
Playing with individual cookies probably isn't easy. I was suggesting a way of getting the cookies set into a known state that effectively resets it. Hopefully any further changes will be remembered and everything back working.

I'll ask my eldest if you can manipulate cookies via a terminal session or other way although I expect will IOS to stop you doing stuff like that. Beyond most including me now I suspect.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Playing with individual cookies probably isn't easy. I was suggesting a way of getting the cookies set into a known state that effectively resets it. Hopefully any further changes will be remembered and everything back working.

I'll ask my eldest if you can manipulate cookies via a terminal session or other way although I expect will IOS to stop you doing stuff like that. Beyond most including me now I suspect.
It was one of those little annoyances i found android just lets you dump what you like when you like.
As said it will be something stored somewhere its finding where have you tried loading a different browser ?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Ah, I get you. It's just a shortcut to the website, just like you get on Windows and so on! You had me worried for a minute because I removed Crapatalk Tapatalk ages ago...