iPad help

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Can anybody tell me why when a page on a thread contains a lot of photographs it only displays about half of them and the the ones that are not displayed, show a small box with a question Mark in it? As per the title, this is on an IPad.

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
It's not just iPads. I sometimes get the same on the IPhone and with email.
Not sure whether it is a cache issue.
Hopefully someone can give a definitive answer.

Z3nt from m'iPhone on Tapatalk

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Is that using Tapatalk on your iPad? It can be a pain on my 'droid phone as well on threads which have lots of images in it.

It's the same across the other Tapatalk enabled forums I frequent.

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
If you can point to some threads that do it then I can have a test. It might be the images are hosted elsewhere, photo bucket for example.

If it is through tapatalk then it's probably more of an app/connection/cache thing. I cleared mine the other day and I haven't seen that issue

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
board said:
If you can point to some threads that do it then I can have a test. It might be the images are hosted elsewhere, photo bucket for example.

If it is through tapatalk then it's probably more of an app/connection/cache thing. I cleared mine the other day and I haven't seen that issue
I cleared my cookies and the cache but it's still the same. I'm using Safari on the IPad not Tapatalk. It does it on this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1471

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
To try and help you locate problem using Android and Tapatalk I can see all the pics in that thread and there are lots. :D

Snoops ont'apatalk

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Just tested that page on my iPad and all the images load up. What connection are you using when trying to access the page, is it 3G or a broadband, if broadband what is the connection you have? I think it might just be timing out with all the images trying to load.

B

badman gee

board said:
Just tested that page on my iPad and all the images load up. What connection are you using when trying to access the page, is it 3G or a broadband, if broadband what is the connection you have? I think it might just be timing out with all the images trying to load.
mine has always been ok.

never had any issues.

:D

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
board said:
I'm using BT broadband and wirelessly. I don't understand "what connection" unless you mean wireless?

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Sorry, I was wondering if you might be using a mobile phone connection if your iPad supported it.

Are you able to view the images on a pc using the same connection to the Internet?

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
board said:
Sorry, I was wondering if you might be using a mobile phone connection if your iPad supported it.

Are you able to view the images on a pc using the same connection to the Internet?
Ok, I've checked on my laptop and I can view all the pictures. So I guess the problem lies with my IPad??

B

badman gee

Macca said:
board said:

Ok, I've checked on my laptop and I can view all the pictures. So I guess the problem lies with my IPad??
you need educating in the way of technology sir.

:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
badman gee said:
Macca said:
board said:

you need educating in the way of technology sir.

:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Well come on then, educate me....lol

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Is it the iPad one, two or the "new" iPad that you have? Also do you know which iOS version you have installed at the moment?

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
board said:
Is it the iPad one, two or the "new" iPad that you have? Also do you know which iOS version you have installed at the moment?
iOS 4:2:1 iPad version 1

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
maybe an update will fix it. I'm on iOS 5.1 on an iPad 2 and can't get it to fail. Are you able to try on another internet connection so we can see if it's your BT connection that might be the issue? Also have you been able to try from another device on your BT connection to see if the pictures load ?

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
board said:
maybe an update will fix it. I'm on iOS 5.1 on an iPad 2 and can't get it to fail. Are you able to try on another internet connection so we can see if it's your BT connection that might be the issue? Also have you been able to try from another device on your BT connection to see if the pictures load ?
James, ive tried it on my laptop and it works fine. How do I update my ios? Reading up about it, it seems I have to delete my original ios to be able to download the new one. Is this right?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Macca,

Do you not connect your iPad through iTunes on your laptop? That should check your iPad is up to date and handle the major updates... Unless things have changed since I moved away from my iPhone 3GS.

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
GazHyde said:
Macca,

Do you not connect your iPad through iTunes on your laptop? That should check your iPad is up to date and handle the major updates... Unless things have changed since I moved away from my iPhone 3GS.
Gaz, I have no idea what your talking about...lol. It's a bit above my level. How can I connect my Ipad through my laptop???????