In the Peaks with BMBabe & Mnbrennan

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
We've just enjoyed a great weekend with @BMBabe & @Mnbrennan :D. I made a SpagBol on Saturday night which was washed down with beer and [too much] red wine, damson gin and black sambuca:depressed:. They were a bad influence on us oldies:whistle:. @Mrs Mint made one of her legendary apple crumbles and thanks to Stacey I got to enjoy it with custard this time:thumbsup:. After a slow start on Sunday which included Bacon and Sausage baps for breakfast, we headed off into the Peak District via some very pretty Staffordshire villages. Carsington Water was absolutely heaving with folk so we headed off to a local tea room for refreshments. Then afterwards on through Brassington, Elton, Youlgreave, skirted round Bakewell, Chelmorton arriving at Longnor for a well earned toasted sandwich and drink. Finally home via the Swainsley tunnel and Ilam. A fantastic top down all day driving day. Great weather, great roads and great company. What more could you ask? Thanks to Stacey & Martin for making the trip up to Mint Towers.

Having read of some other trips out yesterday I'm amazed we didn't see anyone else up there. Anyway, here's the photos to prove the trip:
IMG_1.JPG
IMG_2.JPG
IMG_3.JPG
IMG_4.JPG
IMG_5.JPG
IMG_6.JPG
IMG_7.JPG
IMG_8.JPG
IMG_9.JPG
IMG_10.JPG
IMG_11.JPG
IMG_12.JPG
IMG_13.JPG
IMG_14.JPG
IMG_15.JPG
IMG_16.JPG
IMG_17.JPG
IMG_18.JPG

Last edited:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Great photos @Mint :p
Looks like you all had a great weekend ;)

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
We've just enjoyed a great weekend with @BMBabe & @Mnbrennan:D. I made a SpagBol on Saturday night which was washed down with beer and [too much] red wine, damson gin and black sambuca:depressed:. They were a bad influence on us oldies:whistle:. @Mrs Mint made one of her legendary apple crumbles and thanks to Stacey I got to enjoy it with custard this time:thumbsup:. After a slow start on Sunday which included Bacon and Sausage baps for breakfast, we headed off into the Peak District via some very pretty Staffordshire villages. Carsington Water was absolutely heaving with folk so we headed off to a local tea room for refreshments. Then afterwards on through Brassington, Elton, Youlgreave, skirted round Bakewell, Chelmorton arriving at Longnor for a well earned toasted sandwich and drink. Finally home via the Swainsley tunnel and Ilam. A fantastic top down all day driving day. Great weather, great roads and great company. What more could you ask? Thanks to Stacey & Martin for making the trip up to Mint Towers.

Having read of some other trips out yesterday I'm amazed we didn't see anyone else up there. Anyway, here's the photos to prove the trip:
View attachment 33908 View attachment 33909 View attachment 33910 View attachment 33911 View attachment 33912 View attachment 33913 View attachment 33914 View attachment 33915 View attachment 33916 View attachment 33917 View attachment 33918 View attachment 33919 View attachment 33920 View attachment 33921 View attachment 33922 View attachment 33923 View attachment 33924 View attachment 33925
Looks like you had a great time and such beautiful top down weather too! I remember driving through some of those areas last time I was there. @miller1098 had given me directions to get to @M666BMG when he was on holiday. I remember him telling me how Bakewell got its name. It was a nice drive. Frankie

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Looks like a great day areas i must go explore.
We are lucky to have so many areas of natural beauty and great cars to go explore them.
Thanks for the pictures :thumbsup:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Nice pics @Mint :thumbsup:
That tunnel looks fun,especially if you have a fruity sounding exhaust :).......where abouts is it ?

Steve

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Great pics and very nice neck of the woods too boot :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thanks for the pictures Dave they're very good. Happy you all had a great weekend too mate.

Tony.

Bazza

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
We've just enjoyed a great weekend with @BMBabe & @Mnbrennan :D. I made a SpagBol on Saturday night which was washed down with beer and [too much] red wine, damson gin and black sambuca:depressed:. They were a bad influence on us oldies:whistle:. @Mrs Mint made one of her legendary apple crumbles and thanks to Stacey I got to enjoy it with custard this time:thumbsup:. After a slow start on Sunday which included Bacon and Sausage baps for breakfast, we headed off into the Peak District via some very pretty Staffordshire villages. Carsington Water was absolutely heaving with folk so we headed off to a local tea room for refreshments. Then afterwards on through Brassington, Elton, Youlgreave, skirted round Bakewell, Chelmorton arriving at Longnor for a well earned toasted sandwich and drink. Finally home via the Swainsley tunnel and Ilam. A fantastic top down all day driving day. Great weather, great roads and great company. What more could you ask? Thanks to Stacey & Martin for making the trip up to Mint Towers.

View attachment 33908 View attachment 33909 View attachment 33910 View attachment 33911 View attachment 33912 View attachment 33913 View attachment 33914 View attachment 33915 View attachment 33916 View attachment 33917 View attachment 33918 View attachment 33919 View attachment 33920 View attachment 33921 View attachment 33922 View attachment 33923 View attachment 33924 View attachment 33925
I know those spots:thumbsup:

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
It's a mystery how we didn't pass you or any of the others out in that neck of the woods yesterday.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
You must have been following us round :thumbsup:

Was wondering about the tunnel too!

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
I actually drove across the Peak District twice on Sunday! I went to view another Z with extra cylinders in Sheffield. Unfortunately I didn't get it :( On the plus side, never driven in the Peak District before and had a whale of a time!

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
I actually drove across the Peak District twice on Sunday! I went to view another Z with extra cylinders in Sheffield. Unfortunately I didn't get it :( On the plus side, never driven in the Peak District before and had a whale of a time!
Sorry you didn't get the car - what was wrong with it?
Peak District - Fun isn't it :thumbsup:

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Sorry you didn't get the car - what was wrong with it?
Peak District - Fun isn't it :thumbsup:
I'm sorry to say everything was 100% right with it. I offered the guy £400 above his asking price to sell it to me but he was too honest for his own good and wouldn't sell it because I guy had promised to buy today.

Russell O

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2 Sport
I'm sorry to say everything was 100% right with it. I offered the guy £400 above his asking price to sell it to me but he was too honest for his own good and wouldn't sell it because I guy had promised to buy today.

Wow, An honest seller, Hard to come by these days. I had one when I bought my Z but got to be honest if a guy was standing opposite me with £400 extra in his hand and ready to drive away then that would be a done deal for me....

Bad luck dude, Let's hope he did'nt turn up and you get a call later..........:thumbsup:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Great pics, looked a great day out, and a tunnel :thumbsup:some low gears high rpm going on in there I bet :whistle:

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
At least you had a ride through the Peak District (and back) :thumbsup: