• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Impala brown 2.2cc 36,000 miles

Don't really get the heated seat thing. Yes on a nice luxury daily car it's pleasant enough in winter but on a zed?
 
Don't really get the heated seat thing. Yes on a nice luxury daily car it's pleasant enough in winter but on a zed?

I quite agree Dave, I have never used the heated seats on mine. Turned them on a couple of times to see what it's like but don't see the point. My daughter always turns hers on as soon as she gets in except in midsummer.
 
I quite agree Dave, I have never used the heated seats on mine. Turned them on a couple of times to see what it's like but don't see the point. My daughter always turns hers on as soon as she gets in except in midsummer.

When you spring chickens get to our age the heat helps ease the back from the strain of climbing in and out.

Sorry for the OT, maybe a new thread heated seats thread is needed!
 
Don't really get the heated seat thing. Yes on a nice luxury daily car it's pleasant enough in winter but on a zed?
A nice luxury to have on a cold day mate but your ass soon warms up anyway, these 2 cars are well worth the money " but Sorry I can't possibly buy one as it doesn't have heated seats" =))=))=))
 
I wouldn't mind either of them even without the heated seats.
 
If buying the replacement aftermarket pads be sure to get the ones that Sean and I have which are honeycombed which allows a connection even if there is a small break in the wiring grid. A definite upgrade to BMW originals and not hard to install using original switches, JIM
 
When you spring chickens get to our age the heat helps ease the back from the strain of climbing in and out.

Sorry for the OT, maybe a new thread heated seats thread is needed!

No worries there, I love a good discussion, that's what forums are all about.

The last two cars I've bought both have heated seats, it is nice on a cold morning.
 
I used the pafs to repair existing seat pads that had failed the seats in my case where already fitted with heaters. A two seat kit with relays and switches is not expensive :thumbsup:
Most common cause for heated seats failing is kneeling on the seat base whilst messing about with shopping etc behind the seats. Avoid!
 
Most common cause for heated seats failing is kneeling on the seat base whilst messing about with shopping etc behind the seats. Avoid!
And the metal get rusty if soaked from a rainy excursion and breaks even easier hence going to do the new style pads one of these days.
 
The new replacement pads are carbon fibre honey comb so one break no loss of connection agreat design means you can cut to shape and cut holes in them to get them to fit any shape.:thumbsup:
Good for shopping trips=))
 
  • Like
Reactions: Z3I
The new replacement pads are carbon fibre honey comb so one break no loss of connection agreat design means you can cut to shape and cut holes in them to get them to fit any shape.:thumbsup:
Good for shopping trips=))
My wife loves them mate, she even pulls the back of her top up to feel the direct heat
 
Just contacted the co to ask for a refund as the second set they sent hasn't shown up yet! Almost four months of waiting is way too long in my mind. Guess I'll search for another co that does the honeycomb!! JIM
 
Two of the best Z3s I've seen in the metal, so good in fact I have bought one. Can't wait to collect later this week.
Yes no heated seats but then neither did my last and never stopped me having the roof down. Interestingly my last Z had air-conditioning. Air-conditioning or heated seats, either, neither or both?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tfp
Congratulations on your purchase. I have neither and love my car. Doesn't stop me having fun!
 
Thank you for your kind comment Martin, looks like I'll have to change my profile photo.
 
A car is incomplete without heated seats, just don't leave them on too long or they will turn brown.;)
 
I don't use mine but switches fill the blank holes in the console:)
 
Back
Top