I'm terrible at buying cars

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Honest to goodness I'm the worst. Headed out this morning to go look at a couple of automatic M135i's and Golf R's. So obviously I bought a manual Audi S3 and didn't even bother to go and look at the 4 on my shortlist. Was browsing Autotrader waiting for Lee (responsible adult) to turn up at the roll van and this came up 3 miles from Zed Shed HQ.

Applying maximum man maths to this thing it's just a no brainer. 296bhp, 0-60 in 5.3s and only £240 road tax and room for the grandkid's car seat. However, now skint - please send emergency aid and snacks.

The spec list on this thing is epic with full service history. Dealer are prepping it and should be able to collect on Monday...

Mind you, look at this thing.... you just would, wouldn't you... :whistle:

1710520925421.png

1710521079508.png

1710521152814.png

1710521181872.png

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I do like a good Audi, I think that the Audi range is better looking than the BMW or Mercedes range. Nice colour and no slouch either.

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
Nothing wrong with a quick Audrey. Manual too, so gets additional brownie points from me.

Only thing I don't like is this modern insistence on the diamond patterned upholstery. It's not just Audreys, mind.

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Wow! Such a lovely car!
I would hit that so hard the next person to pull me out would be crowned King of England.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
That looks very smart. Great colour for you Gaz, won't need cleaning for ages....if ever ;):whistle:

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
V.nice mota there, enjoy :cool:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Now im a vag group guy ( last 20 yrs had a vag car still do ) .
S3 nice car bit more classy than a golf r
Nice choice Gaz.

Also im with @Pond manual all the way.
Yes dsg boxes are slick but need oil change every 40k , wet multi plate clutch kits are expensive also can have problems with the Mechatronics unit 2.5- 3k for a new one 1.5k to get repaired ( without any removal or fitting costs)

Definitely a thumbs up 👍 from me on your new purchase.

Stephen.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
This is my second A3 and the first was s-tronic so was aware of the usual issues and servicing. Honestly loved the gearbox (despite the extra service cost) and only changed the car as I needed to itch the TT scratch I had. Was looking forward to launch control and significantly shortening the clutch plate life 😂

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Looks great. The skintness will pass. The only minor criticism would be the seat quilting, but the manualness more than makes up for it.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
First mod, proper rubber. ATS doing a solid deal on Michelins with big discount on fitting at the moment helped by them being a common size tyre. £106 a corner fitted.

1711121949606.png

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
Nice car Mr H and new rubber to burn too... =)) yet alone the money...

KASPar

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 M52 1998
Sign up to Michelin newsletter (it's free) there will be a voucher for up to £100 off when you fill out a form with purchase details, even more of a saving.

Perversely ATS didn't used to price match, they will now. ATS are owned by Michelin.

Will be my next call for tyres. Recently had 4 Cross Climate SUV2 for the tug at £186 a corner fitted in Basingstoke branch, bargin.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Looks like discs and pads next.

Tony.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Discs and pads are fine just look bad in that pic, checked them when I bought it and not even any lip forming and these are the rears. Think it just needs some heavy braking cycles and they’ll clear up. Will be getting some yellow stuffs fitted asap as my pad of choice, along with braided lines.

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
Very nice indeed. Newer Audi and Merc interiors just look so much nicer than bmw's 👍