• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale I'm going to have to sell my Dakar 2.2i

BrianK

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Joined
May 25, 2018
Points
39
Location
Brighton
Model of Z
2.2i
My 2.2i Z3 has a fat a$$ and won't fit in my Shoreham garage. It's way beyond stunning, but is SORN in a garage in Brighton, about 6 miles from where I live. On 14 July it had done 55555 miles, and it's hardly been used since. It is not allowed to get wet. I've spent thousands on cosmetic improvements since I bought it. 'M' seats, parking sensors, sophisticated alarm, blue hard top and fitting kit. Chrome upon chrome upon chrome. The list is endless. It is truly beautiful, and colourwise resembles the Ukrainian flag, It's not a trophy or an ornament, and needs to be used.
I'm going to reluctantly have to buy a Daihatsu Copen. I know they're c**p. I used to have one. It was like a cross between a lawn mower and a supermarket trolley, but it's almost 10 inches narrower than my Z3. I could garage it without having a seizure.
There's a dealer that's prepared to take both of my cars (I have a beautiful MR2, same colour scheme, but 1.57 inches narrower than the Z3), and exchange them for a low mileage Copen + cash, but he's a dealer and I'm not a charity. The roofs, fitting kits and my Y555 BMW plate must be worth as much as his Copen.
If any of you are interested in my Z3, let me know. I'd rather sell it to someone on this forum that I know would treasure it. It's due for an MOT at the beginning of May, which I'll deal with.
It comes with loads of service history, and even the original receipt. The previous owner was looking for a Porsche, as a retirement present for himself, and fell in love with the Z3. He had a garage constructed for it, and shortly afterwards died from cancer. I bought it from his widow, who understandably didn't want her deceased husband's car hanging around.
My computer skills are c**p, so sending photos will present problems
 
Last edited:
Adding photos is easy, just click 'Attach files' at the bottom of the page here, then choose photos from your phone file.
 
Hopefully these photos do the car some justice.
 

Attachments

  • C146917B-6CA8-4D12-B061-361A8F6AFF29.webp
    C146917B-6CA8-4D12-B061-361A8F6AFF29.webp
    146.2 KB · Views: 593
  • 5AE26E52-9E1F-48CB-9121-5DEDE1F5FA56.webp
    5AE26E52-9E1F-48CB-9121-5DEDE1F5FA56.webp
    61.6 KB · Views: 573
  • 600C61DB-EDC7-4E8A-A60E-05C9509BBE48.webp
    600C61DB-EDC7-4E8A-A60E-05C9509BBE48.webp
    61.5 KB · Views: 586
  • 46545555-B329-4335-8E19-9D322A565192.webp
    46545555-B329-4335-8E19-9D322A565192.webp
    134.6 KB · Views: 561
Here’s another couple. I’ll have to go to Brighton and photograph the inside and the engine, but at the present time, the car is in an unlit garage, with a flat battery, which I will renew when it’s MOT’d
 

Attachments

  • B4AA67B1-3C64-4248-B6FE-C2E7E6EAE6B5.webp
    B4AA67B1-3C64-4248-B6FE-C2E7E6EAE6B5.webp
    108.6 KB · Views: 534
  • 38B5A470-1031-4B3E-930C-6C724277017B.webp
    38B5A470-1031-4B3E-930C-6C724277017B.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 530
Hi Brian. I doubt you'll have much trouble selling a low mileage car like that. I have enough Zs but I am interested in your MR2 if that's going. Can you msg me if it is? I'm only along the coast from you and I'm around for the early part of this week. Thanks.
 
It looks gorgeous! Please don't chop it to a dealer. They will just make the money that you should. Get it on eBay and Autotrader. You will shift it no problem.
 
Thank you ! I'm desperate to avoid scammers and tyre kickers. I really appreciate your input. Believe me, there will be tears when it goes.
 
Thank you ! I'm desperate to avoid scammers and tyre kickers. I really appreciate your input. Believe me, there will be tears when it goes.

Scammers can be spotted a mile off, ebay tyre kickers and clandestine driveway dealers, less so. Unfortunately both are almost unavoidable when selling a car now but there are things you can do to minimise the hassle and risk.
 
This car is MINT guys I have seen it in person and its truly amazing. Endless list of extras too.
 
I am looking for £9k, to include the roof, fitting kit and Y555 BMW plate. There's loads of additional bits that are not being used, that I'll throw in. An unused tonneau cover, original Dakar shark fins, blue shark fins to match the roof, amongst other things.
Number plate A999 BMW is for sale at £5k on eBay ! You all know that the roof and fitting kit does not come cheap. Thank god I didn't get it painted Dakar ! This combination looks completely and utterly stunning. You might think the car is expensive, but believe me, it's one of the prettiest cars on the road, and handles like an absolute dream. What I am asking represents value for money for such a fabulous car. I will lose several thousand on it, but I will have owned one of the most beautiful cars on the English roads. No one can take that away from me.
 
Back
Top