Honeymoon in the new Z3

Anigmalistic

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Hi there,

As you may remember from my intro thread I bought my wife a Z3 as a wedding present, the wedding was the 9th of August and we went on honeymoon all round Europe in her new car (although I did the driving, not that I'm complaining)

I just wanted to share a few pictures of our little adventure, and thank you all for the advice and help you gave me prior to the big day.

The car all done up in ribbons as it was presented to her:

And then after our guests had "decorated" it for our departure

At Dover waiting for the ferry:

Paris:

Geneva - mixing it up with the big-boys outside the Four Seasons Hotel:

Mont Blanc:

My new wife posing with the car in Tuscany:

Milan:

Florence:

Pisa:

Drove from Pisa down to Rome along the Mediterranean Coast:

Rome:

Found a friend on the way to Venice:

Venice:

Back over the Alps into Austria:

And finally in Luxembourg we found big brother...

The car was excellent, never missed a beat the whole way around save for some squealing from the brakes in traffic. We picked up a nail in the driver's side rear tyre somewhere in Italy but after an initial panic when I found the flat tyre we pumped it back up and it only lost about 1psi a day, so we stayed on the full-size wheel the whole way home.

I've given it a service today, oil, oil filter, air filter (K&N panel type) some Denso Iridium-cored plugs and tomorrow it's a strip, clean and copper-grease on the brakes to stop the squealing, and getting that pesky nail fixed.

Hope you enjoyed the pics, I'm off to sea for 6 weeks on Sunday so unless the wife (and actual owner of the car!) decides to pop on and play I'll see you then.

Take care,
P.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing. Driving a friends Z3 along the Slovenian,Croatian coast made me buy one.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Fantastic photos it sounds as though you both had a fabulous time and a dream honeymoon. What was your wifes reaction when you suprised her with the zed.?

Hope she really enjoys the zed and thanks for sharing your experience.

Anigmalistic

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Thanks it truly was amazing, and the car really made it what it was. It's also amazing how much luggage you can get in a tiny car!!

I won't repeat her exact words but suffice to say there is swearing on our wedding video as a result ;-)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Glad it all went without a hitch!

Looks like an epic journey, and great photos too. Love the zed parked with the Bentleys and Rolls :happy:

Congrats.

Ragtop

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
Fantastic photos. How did you manage to get photos of your Zed in some of those famous locations in August?

Anigmalistic

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Thanks for all the kind words,

@Ragtop we made it a bit of a mission to get pictures of the car with as many famous sights as we could... we drove a LOT of places where we really shouldn't have been, choosing to lose in translation the signs which may or may not have said "no access except for tour buses, mopeds and pedestrians" etc etc, jumped out snapped the pictures and escaped before they had time to arrest us :happy:

@GazHyde that hotel was our little treat to ourselves for the tour, we made a budget before we started about how much a night we could spend on hotels, then saved in other places so that we could afford that place for the night. The great thing was in the evening we had dinner on a terrace which overlooked that little street out the front, and the Z3 was getting just as much if not more attention than all the Ferraris, Porsches etc etc parked out front.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Wow, fantastic trip and great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Looks like you had a fantastic start to married life, brilliant pics, thanks for sharing.:thankyou:

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Congrats to you both great pics.:snaphappy: Zeds are made for trips like that aint they, bet the top was down all the time. Havnt long got back ourselves from over there and was in
Venice too.