Hi from Gloucestershire

Simps Z4

Hey all - decent looking forum with a wealth of knowledge to tap into by the looks of things. I am the proud owner of a 2003 Z4 2.5 in Titan Silver. I wasn't looking for a Z4, having started my foray into the world of cabs by buying a 2001 Porsche Boxster S last Sun. On monday it had blown up with £13K of engine damage and by Tuesday was on a low-loader heading back to the bloke I bought it from. So, I had a look around and decided that he replacement would be a Z4. In fiarness, I am over the moon with her. Not as brutish as the Boxster but it actually feels as if it is built better and instantly 'feels' like BMW reliability and quality. I am interested in finding out what can be done to tweak her slightly in order to gain a slight increase in performance etc - maybe a remap to start with. Anyone any pointers?

Anyway, hope I can help contribute in some way.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Welcome Simps.

That's quite a shocking tale, but they do say that Porsche are great until the engines go! I'm glad you managed to get it sent back, and replaced it with something a little more reliable ;)

I really enjoyed driving my 2003 Z4, and they are really great cruisers. We will of course be requiring lots of photo's!

Cheers, Gary

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Welcome to the forum , very helpful crowd here :)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
:welcome: from me too...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Simps from here in Lincoln, lovely looking car, I hope you'll enjoy your Z. Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
A big welcome from me. Not a lot you can do with an NA Engine. You could get it remapped but gains would be minimal but you would get better responsiveness from the throttle. You could upgrade the Exhaust fit an Induction kit then get it remapped but you still wouldnt gain that much.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy it for what it is and if after a few months you are longing for more why not consider trading upto a 3.0, ///M or even an Alpina you would certainly gain more for your money than sinking it into what you have now.

Simps Z4

Thanks all. Must say I was expecting there to be a whole host of mods available. I have a friend who can custom make me an exhaust but in reality it sounds like it will only serve to make it a little noisier and not necessarily enhance performance. Guess I may leave it as standard, enjoy it for the summer and look at selling it next year for something more powerful. My problems are 1) I get bored all too easily and 2) I have been riding sports bikes for years and I have sold the bike to get back into a nice car again so I will miss the power. Maybe look for the M next year if funds allow.