Help !!!

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
I've bought new wheel bolts for my Z4 as the old ones are very rusty. Unfortunately I can't find my locking wheel nut socket, if I ever had one. Are they all the same fitment? as I only have to remove them and discard them as I have new ones (with a socket). Any advise would be helpful.

si-forks

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Dealer should be able to help you people loose them all the time

Si-forks on tapatalk

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
GazHyde said:
Do you know ifre they the standard BMW lockers, or after market?

If BMW might be worth giving your local $tealer a quick ring.
Gaz, I think they are standard BMW ones as they have the "star" pattern on the inside of the head. I had a thought about taken it to a tyre fitter, they must have some equipment for this sort of thing, I can't be the first surely?

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
No your not the first! I have mcgard ones and although I didn't lose the key I mashed up all the teeth on it trying to get the locking nuts off after the muppet tyre fitters put them back on with an air gun. They were so tight they wouldn't budge and the key became unusable after wrecking the teeth trying to budge them.

Had to hammer an old 3/4 socket over each locking nut which gripped perfectly on the outside and we where then able to get them off with a normal breaker bar. Locking nuts are no longer usable but I will get some more and tell the tyre fitters never to use an impact gun with them again. They should know not to do it but they don't care as it ain't their car!

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
If they are standard ones, Macca, I might have one that fits. We will have a go and try it tomorrow :D

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
EnthuZiaZT said:
If they are standard ones, Macca, I might have one that fits. We will have a go and try it tomorrow :D
Yes you can have ago with all our nuts tomorrow! ;;)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
z3cade said:
EnthuZiaZT said:
:-o :D :-ss :ymapplause: B-)

B

badman gee

z3cade said:
EnthuZiaZT said:
just shaving mine for sat :D :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :-bd

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Ooooo, I say......all these offers of nuts...lol

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
How's your nuts, Macca!!!! Did you get them off?!!!!! #:-s
If so did you use an oxyacetalene torch?!!! :D

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
EnthuZiaZT said:
How's your nuts, Macca!!!! Did you get them off?!!!!! #:-s
If so did you use an oxyacetalene torch?!!! :D
Haven't had time this week, hoping to see about it on Friday. Will keep you posted.

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Update: I rang around all the tyre fitters in the area and they all said they couldn't do it. ( ummm, I bet if I bought 4 new tyres they could) anyway, I rang the BMW stealers in Peterborough and they said they could get a socket for £40 but I would have to bring the car in before they could order it as there are over 40 different ones!!
I got home from work and I decided to have another look.......hey presto I found it lodged in the battery compartment. The thing is only the size of a wine bottle cork and they want £40!!!!!!
Great I thought, I'll change them now...yup you guessed it, no bloody wheel wrench...DOH!! Oh well, off to Halfrauds tomorrow to get one....bugger.

B

badman gee

Macca said:
Update: I rang around all the tyre fitters in the area and they all said they couldn't do it. ( ummm, I bet if I bought 4 new tyres they could) anyway, I rang the BMW stealers in Peterborough and they said they could get a socket for £40 but I would have to bring the car in before they could order it as there are over 40 different ones!!
I got home from work and I decided to have another look.......hey presto I found it lodged in the battery compartment. The thing is only the size of a wine bottle cork and they want £40!!!!!!
Great I thought, I'll change them now...yup you guessed it, no bloody wheel wrench...DOH!! Oh well, off to Halfrauds tomorrow to get one....bugger.
its 40 pound because it stops people buying all 40 and stealing all the wheels :D

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Well Macca, it's just not your week, is it. You would be better off buying a 1/2 " drive long bar and the appropriate size socket, as with the luck you have been having at the moment, the wheel bolts will be so tight, you won't shift them with an ordinary wheel spanner!!! :-ss besides you could at least find half a dozen other uses for it???!!!! :ymdevil: